Status
Not open for further replies.

saifo

Customer
hello

i am interested eseguenti products, but to pay 50 euros more I discovered the vat.

I can pay with another way to save the 50 euros?

I have a moneybookers account, can be a solution?

This vat is a real problem for me is an obstacle in buying your product
thanks

Unfortunately we are required to charge VAT by UK law, the payment method does not affect that, sorry :(

Cosmic

pay with Moneybookers does not apply a VAT ?

vBArcade - Lifetime
Forum Live Feed & User Wall - Lifetime
vBQuiz - Lifetime
vBActivity & Awards - Lifetime
vBNotifications - Lifetime

I hope a solution

It is not the payment processor that is charging the VAT, DragonByte Tech is required to charge VAT by UK law.

I see you have a Company Registration number..But I don't see a Registered VAT number...Also you should be providing an invoice with each sale..That way others can claim the VAT back..

Last edited:
I see you have a Company Registration number..But I don't see a Registered VAT number...Also you should be providing an invoice with each sale..That way others can claim the VAT back..

Invoices are available in the customer area. VAT Invoices are available to people who register their company here on DBTech with a VAT number as well if required. EU customers can also claim their VAT back directly from us as long as they have a valid VAT number and company information =).

Then I draw your attention to the fact your not clearly showing a VAT registration number next to your Company registration number and shouldn't be charging VAT.By not dispalying the VAT number you and your directors are open to prosecution.

Then I draw your attention to the fact your not clearly showing a VAT registration number next to your Company registration number and shouldn't be charging VAT.By not dispalying the VAT number you and your directors are open to prosecution.

Not true Skol, there is no legal requirement to display a VAT number on any homepage etc. It only has to be displayed on stationary, invoices etc (which we do) =)

The following information should be stated on all company letters, compliments slips, faxes, order forms and on the company's website:

• The full company name as registered at Companies House.
  • Where the company is registered (eg England & Wales, Wales or Scotland).
  • The company's registered number.
  • The address of the company's registered office.
Also:

• If you want to state the name of a company director (other than in the text or as a signatory) then you must state all of the directors' names.
  • If the Company is a 'limited' company but has permission to omit the word 'limited' from its name - include a statement to that effect.
  • In the case of a Community Interest Company which is not a PLC, include a statement that the company is a limited company.
  • Include a statement that the company is an Investment Company (if it is one).
Many businesses also state their VAT number if they are VAT registered, although this is not required.

Company invoices should state:

• The full company name as registered at Companies House.
  • If the company is VAT registered it will need to display its VAT number and other details specified by HM Revenue & Customs.

You often see this where people are mis-informed to what a Company website is as opposed to a Buisness website..Yes you are both correct following the below format is correct for a Company website..

■Company name;
■Company registration number;
■Place of registration;
■Registered Office address.

The problem comes about when you add a shopping cart to that Company Website as then you fall into the catagory Ecommerce and have a new directive to follow.

Ecommerce Directive

(a) You must display the name of your business, the company registration number (or proprietor's name), geographical address (not a PO Box number), contact information e.g., telephone number and email address, VAT registration number (if registered).

(b) You may refer to trade or professional schemes if applicable.

(c) You must provide clear information on price, tax and delivery to buyers.

(d) You must clearly display your site's Terms and Conditions.

(e) You must acknowledge all orders.

(f) In commercial communication with your customers, you must clearly identify any electronic communication designed to promote your goods or services.

(g) You must clearly identify the sender of all electronic communication.

(h) You must clearly define any promotional offers and the qualifying conditions regarding these offers.

(i) If you send unsolicited emails, you must clearly identify them as unsolicited.

[h=2]UK laws for ecommerce sites simplified[/h] Under UK law, you are required to include an enormous amount of information on your ecommerce store. The Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002 came into force on 21st August 2002 and they specify information that must be included on a website, but these are not the only regulations you must adhere to. You must also follow the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
After having a number of customers ask about this information, I decided that it was time for a post to simplify the information that you need to include on your site, to meet both these regulations and other legislation.
[h=2]Include details about your company[/h] You will need to include all relevant details about your company on your site. You will probably find that your site already contains a good deal of this information, for example on an 'about us' or 'contact us' page.

• Company Information. You need to include your company name, a UK geographic address and an e-mail address. You should also include your VAT number if you have one. You can include this on an 'about us' or 'contact us' page, but for some information, such as company name, address and telephone, it can pay to include it on every page, for example in the footer.
  • Details of any registration scheme to which you belong and the means of identification in that register, for example your Companies House company registration number and registered office address if you are a limited company.
  • Details of professional bodies you are registered with, your professional title and applicable rules, for example chartered surveyor and RICS.
  • Details of any Code of Practice to which you subscribe, such as ISIS Accreditation. These can be good schemes to sign up to as they give customers confidence when shopping on your site. Adding this to your site can be as simple as an image of the scheme's logo, linking through to the accreditation.

The Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002

Commonly refered to as the Ecommerce Directive. If your business operates online using the web or your business communicates using email, this applies to you. The Directive applies to both business to business (B2B) and business to consumer (B2C) relationships. Key points to note:

• You should display the name of your business
  • We recommend you display your company registration number or proprietor's name (as you would in a letter)
  • You should show your geographic address (street number etc, not just a PO box)
  • You should show your contact information such as phone number and email address
  • You should show your VAT number if you are VAT registered
  • Refer to trade or professional recognition schemes, with registration number, if applicable
  • Provide clear information on price, tax and delivery.
  • Show clear Terms and Conditions and acknowledge orders.

You often see this where people are mis-informed to what a Company website is as opposed to a Buisness website..Yes you are both correct following the below format is correct for a Company website..

■Company name;
■Company registration number;
■Place of registration;
■Registered Office address.

The problem comes about when you add a shopping cart to that Company Website as then you fall into the catagory Ecommerce and have a new directive to follow.

Ecommerce Directive

(a) You must display the name of your business, the company registration number (or proprietor's name), geographical address (not a PO Box number), contact information e.g., telephone number and email address, VAT registration number (if registered).

(b) You may refer to trade or professional schemes if applicable.

(c) You must provide clear information on price, tax and delivery to buyers.

(d) You must clearly display your site's Terms and Conditions.

(e) You must acknowledge all orders.

(f) In commercial communication with your customers, you must clearly identify any electronic communication designed to promote your goods or services.

(g) You must clearly identify the sender of all electronic communication.

(h) You must clearly define any promotional offers and the qualifying conditions regarding these offers.

(i) If you send unsolicited emails, you must clearly identify them as unsolicited.

If that's true, someone should inform vBulletin.com, and Xenforo.com, and pretty much every other UK VAT registered business on the internet. Can you show me where on the HMRC website you found that information so I can check it more closely? :)

I should point out that it is not possible for the directors to be prosecuted under an EU directive as you claimed, unless it also violates UK law. The EU does not have any right to prosecute citizens of member countries for violations of directives, nor does it have any police force with which to do so ;).

Essentially unless it is specifically required under *UK* law, it's not something we could be prosecuted for. Nor, even in the directives, does it state the VAT number must be displayed next to the company registration number as you claimed.

We take advice on these matters from legal professionals and I am very confident in their expertise in these areas =).

Cosmic

Last edited:
I bought all the products but the tax remains an obstacle for me to acquire the rest of the products, has happened to me last year to ask a friend of mine from a country outside the EU to buy a product ( thanks & like )and we paid the price but we have not taken advantage of the product because it did not confirm the purchase via e-mail due to lack of experience. It is six months did not use the pro version

If that's true, someone should inform vBulletin.com

Nope dosen't work that way..Their business resides in the US..

and Xenforo.com

Yes they are too breaking the rules..XenForo Ltd. is registered in England and Wales with company number 07294282.

Everything stated is all UK law..You need to take alook at ecommerce regulations and make your own mind up..

I'm not in anyway insulting the way it is,but as stated before,you need to show it right..:D

Nope dosen't work that way..Their business resides in the US..

Yes they are too breaking the rules..XenForo Ltd. is registered in England and Wales with company number 07294282.

Everything stated is all UK law..You need to take alook at ecommerce regulations and make your own mind up..

I'm not in anyway insulting the way it is,but as stated before,you need to show it right..:D

They may reside in the US but they are registered for UK VAT, therefore they would have to follow any VAT display rules that any other company registered in the UK for UK VAT would. Much the same as if we reached the threshold in, say, Italy, we would have to follow all Italian VAT laws as well once we registered the company specifically for Italian VAT. You will notice for instance in their about us vbulletin.com display

We are registered for EU VAT in the UK, our VAT ID is GB975108406.

I've yet to see (or be advised of) any UK law requiring what you have said - i.e VAT number to be displayed where company number is displayed. I even took the time to look myself yesterday and STILL couldn't find anything at all to that effect. The closest thing was an advisement that our VAT number should be displayed somewhere on our site, usually under a legal info page or something similar. We already have it on our "About Us" page so that's covered.

A list of other sites which would be breaking the law and running the risk of prosecution if you were correct:

Shop Online with Argos.co.uk - your Online Catalogue for Home Shopping
Computer Hardware - Scan.co.uk
Superdrug - Beauty, Health, Make Up, Skin Care, Fragrance, Hair & Mens
Sainsbury's

etc.

Personally I find it unlikely that some of the largest companies in the UK are risking prosecution like this and that their lawyers (and the legal advice we have received) is incorrect and putting them at risk of such :p.

I would hazard a guess that business law isn't your full time job, and suggest that perhaps whatever advice *you* received about this was incorrect. That or there's about to be a huge scandal where the directors of about 80% of the web businesses in the UK are prosecuted :p

I DO appreciate you giving us what you believed to be correct advice though, please don't interpret my correction of your misconceptions as ungratefulness.

Cosmic

I've yet to see (or be advised of) any UK law requiring what you have said - i.e VAT number to be displayed where company number is displayed. I even took the time to look myself yesterday and STILL couldn't find anything at all to that effect. The closest thing was an advisement that our VAT number should be displayed somewhere on our site, usually under a legal info page or something similar. We already have it on our "About Us" page so that's covered.

Got a link? Certainly wasn't there at the start of this thread (would you like pics?)......Now you have been advised by Skol..And it would have cost you nothing....

Nice post..bszop..

Thats all that is it required..Your next task Guys is to sort out your donation system as by UK law your all taxable on that aswell..

Nice post..bszop..

Thats all that is it required..Your next task Guys is to sort out your donation system as by UK law your all taxable on that aswell..

Donation system is only up as a Beta Test at the moment, it's not being used as a live feature where donations will be kept =) By all means though if you have suggestions for things we should advise customers who buy it to take into account, fire away =)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back