Status
Not open for further replies.

Selden

Customer
Hello

Apologize if this thread already exists somewhere but I was unable to find it.

Our forum focus on files uploads/downloads but certain files only and with different values.
I would like to know if possible to have different values for downloads. I mean, files A costs 100 credits to download but files B costs 50.

In the other hand, I'm afraid with pictures.
We have lot of pictures and we can't charge credits jut for watching pictures. So, all pictures are excluded from credit charges unless inserted as attachment withing the post, right?
We only need certain files get charged when download, and better if we can set prices/credits by sub-section

Questions:
It's possible to do all this above?
Can we apply some punishment to inactivity by discounting 1 credit for every day without login?
How restrict users to post 3 or 4 words per post just to earns credits?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Our forum focus on files uploads/downloads but certain files only and with different values.
I would like to know if possible to have different values for downloads. I mean, files A costs 100 credits to download but files B costs 50.
That'd depend on the integration plugin but as a rule I'd say no.

In the other hand, I'm afraid with pictures.
We have lot of pictures and we can't charge credits jut for watching pictures. So, all pictures are excluded from credit charges unless inserted as attachment withing the post, right?
We only need certain files get charged when download, and better if we can set prices/credits by sub-section
I don't believe you can selectively exclude attachment extensions from the charging system.

Can we apply some punishment to inactivity by discounting 1 credit for every day without login?
You'll need to use a separate usergroup that has reverse Paychecks applied to them, that charges them instead of granting them credits.

How restrict users to post 3 or 4 words per post just to earns credits?
You'll need a separate usergroup for this too, and set up promotions to get placed into this usergroup.

Last edited:
That'd depend on the integration plugin but as a rule I'd say no.

I see
I don't believe you can selectively exclude attachment extensions from the charging system.

This is a major problem. Pictures aren't really attachments.
I was testing as suggested but some username lost credits by download some file than by watching some picture.

You'll need to use a separate usergroup that has reverse Paychecks applied to them, that charges them instead of granting them credits.

I see

You'll need a separate usergroup for this too, and set up promotions to get placed into this usergroup.

Maybe I don't understand how but as I think this should be done is not quite helpful. Some feature like minimum characters under the "Posts" will be good. Otherwise we have to parse this task to moderators in order to delete useless posts, this will revert back earned credits.

Fillip H.

One last question. Our forum has files to sell within some posts and threads.

We would like our members can exchange his credits in order to buy some of this files for free. What is the easiest way to achieve this idea?

Set up a Transfer action from one currency to the other, you can set an exchange rate as well :)

Set up a Transfer action from one currency to the other, you can set an exchange rate as well :)

Yes. I have set USD too. We also have credits and points.
1 USD = 10 Credits

Should I edit the selling template to include Credits?

Sorry for so many questions but I'm lost without all steps.

Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking. I'm talking about the "Transfer" event.

You can also use "Relative Value
This is the overall value of this currency compared to all other currencies. Generally this only matters when determining total assets and transfering between currencies. You should establish at least one currency with a value of 1 as a base against the rest." setting in the multiple currency integration page.

If "Gold" is your base currency, set Relative Value to 1. If "Platinum" is your special currency for which you charge for files, set its Relative Value to 10 to make it be worth 10 times as much as Gold.

(Disclaimer: I'm not 100% certain if 10 is the correct relative value, or 0.1.)

Hello,

Yes, we have transfer event and purchase event. And we have files costing some USD. So when somebody clicks over the file it's forwarded to PayPal. The customer pays and it's allowed to download the file.

Do I need to set USD currency and exchange Credits by USD in order to authorize the download?

Sorry for so many questions but on the guide and about transfer, I can not find any idea how to allow the customer to download some file after transfer or exchange credits.

I'm not sure if that's possible within vBCredits at this time. If there's a way to charge for attachments then that should be possible. You should set up a new currency that cannot be acquired by any means other than paying for it via PayPal (i.e. disabling any events for it).

It's not possible to have them be forwarded to PP when trying to access charged content, they have to pre-pay for the credits before they can access it.

Hi Fillip H.,

By your last replies seems we should hire some developer that can develop what we need.

I mean. It's not complicated at all. Currently:
1.We have several posts where the file attached costs $50.
2.Members who want to buy the file just click over them and are forward to PayPal.
3.Once transaction is done on PayPal, they are allowed to download.

We would like to allow members to exchange credits by the file. 500 credits =$50 = one file.
Once credit "purchase" or "transfer" (or call it as you like most), is done we will allow these members to download.

This is our major problem. How to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBCredits II Deluxe

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back