Status
Not open for further replies.

bzcomputers

Customer
I'm typically seeing a couple of these a week for the last few weeks, occasionally a couple a day. They seem to have started after I upgraded to Apache 2.4 (from 2.2) when trying to track down a DBSEO issue.

Database error in vBulletin 4.2.0:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT *
FROM style
WHERE (styleid = 1 AND userselect = 1)
OR styleid = 1
ORDER BY styleid ASC
LIMIT 1;

MySQL Error : MySQL server has gone away
Error Number : 2006
Request Date : Wednesday, January 15th 2014 @ 06:33:02 PM
Error Date : Wednesday, January 15th 2014 @ 06:39:07 PM
Script : (--the file reference here will vary but it is typically the file being downloaded and all my downloads are 6mb or under, the rest of the error is the same--)
Referrer :
IP Address : users-ip
Username : Unregistered
Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi
MySQL Version :

At first I thought it was the server timing out due to file download size but my files are all pretty small (6MB or less). I have even seen this error reference a small icon on a download page.

Edit: 1 just got 3 of these errors in the last hour. All from the same user ip. One an hour ago and 2 in the last couple minutes. If that helps.

Last edited:
You need to increase PHP's memory_limit to more than twice the size of your biggest file.

Thanks for the link. Read through it and changed wait_timeout from "300" to "500". I'll report back on whether that fixes it.

Edit: It's been ten days and this error has not popped back up again. I could usually only go a couple days without seeing it, after I upgraded to Apache 2.4 a month ago. So, I would say it was a wait_timeout issue and that my problem was cleared up by changing it from "300" to "500".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings