• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzz

Customer
Seems like whenever I try to upload a file and an image together I get an SQL Error when I click 'Post'

Any help?

Database error in vBulletin 3.8.7:

Invalid SQL:
UPDATE dbtech_downloads_download SET numfiles = numfiles - 1 WHERE downloadid = '7';

MySQL Error : BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(`trucksim_forum`.`dbtech_downloads_download`.`numfiles` - 1)'
Error Number : 1690
Request Date : Sunday, December 29th 2013 @ 07:45:59 PM
Error Date : Sunday, December 29th 2013 @ 07:45:59 PM
Script : Truck Simulator Central - Download Mods
Referrer : Truck Simulator Central
IP Address : 92.25.251.168
Username : 0admin0
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version : 5.5.34-cll

Re installing the mod seems to have fixed the problem, but my other problem is now that I have turned off Private users and password protection but they still appear when uploading a file.

Another problem. Using Internet Explorer, every download tries to download 'download.php' instead of the actual file.

First let me state I do not work for DBTech I've just been using a lot of their products for years. The service you'll find here is better than almost any other place you'll find.

From you first post in this thread to your last is less than 3 hours. How quickly are you expecting responses on a Sunday especially over the holidays?

Believe me this product has been around long enough that if all these problems you're experiencing were issues with the software itself there would be a lot more people in here reporting these bugs. That being said it really sounds like the second install you did still did not go well. I would at a minimum re-import the .xml file allowing overwrite. This appears to be where at least a couple of the errors you reported (SQL errors) are coming from due to a previous bad import.

Believe me the support staff will be along before too long and will help you get things sorted out.

Re installing the mod seems to have fixed the problem, but my other problem is now that I have turned off Private users and password protection but they still appear when uploading a file.
This is because you are allowed to change the category of the download on the fly. Different categories have different settings.

Any values entered will be discarded if the final category does not have those features enabled.

Another problem. Using Internet Explorer, every download tries to download 'download.php' instead of the actual file.
This is a bug in vB's IE11 detection. This has been fixed in vB4/vB5, but probably not vB3.

To fix it, open /includes/functions.php and find
PHP:
		// detect internet explorer
			# Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Q312461)
			# Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705)
			# Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.22; Mac_PowerPC)
			# Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Mac_PowerPC; e504460WanadooNL)
		if (strpos($useragent, 'msie ') !== false AND !$is['opera'])
		{
			preg_match('#msie ([0-9\.]+)#', $useragent, $regs);
			$is['ie'] = $regs[1];
			if (strpos($useragent, 'x64') !== false)
			{
				$is['ie64bit'] = 1;
			}
		}

Add below
PHP:
		// Detect IE11(+)
			# Mozilla/5.0 (IE 11.0; Windows NT 6.3; Trident/7.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; rv:11.0)
		if (strpos($useragent, 'trident') !== false AND !$is['opera'] AND !$is['ie'])
		{
			// Trident = IE, So look for rv number
			preg_match('#rv:([0-9\.]+)#', $useragent, $regs);
			$is['ie'] = $regs[1];
		}

Find
PHP:
if (strpos($useragent, 'gecko') !== false AND !$is['safari'] AND !$is['konqueror'])

Replace with
PHP:
if (strpos($useragent, 'gecko') !== false AND !$is['safari'] AND !$is['konqueror'] AND !$is['ie'])

Last edited:
This is because you are allowed to change the category of the download on the fly. Different categories have different settings.

Any values entered will be discarded if the final category does not have those features enabled.

This is a bug in vB's IE11 detection. This has been fixed in vB4/vB5, but probably not vB3.

To fix it, open /includes/functions.php and find
PHP:
		// detect internet explorer
			# Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Q312461)
			# Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705)
			# Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.22; Mac_PowerPC)
			# Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Mac_PowerPC; e504460WanadooNL)
		if (strpos($useragent, 'msie ') !== false AND !$is['opera'])
		{
			preg_match('#msie ([0-9\.]+)#', $useragent, $regs);
			$is['ie'] = $regs[1];
			if (strpos($useragent, 'x64') !== false)
			{
				$is['ie64bit'] = 1;
			}
		}

Add below
PHP:
		// Detect IE11(+)
			# Mozilla/5.0 (IE 11.0; Windows NT 6.3; Trident/7.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; rv:11.0)
		if (strpos($useragent, 'trident') !== false AND !$is['opera'] AND !$is['ie'])
		{
			// Trident = IE, So look for rv number
			preg_match('#rv:([0-9\.]+)#', $useragent, $regs);
			$is['ie'] = $regs[1];
		}

Find
PHP:
if (strpos($useragent, 'gecko') !== false AND !$is['safari'] AND !$is['konqueror'])

Replace with
PHP:
if (strpos($useragent, 'gecko') !== false AND !$is['safari'] AND !$is['konqueror'] AND !$is['ie'])

Thanks, could you explain the first point more? I am testing the default categories and I have turned off 'Allow Private downloads' and 'Allow password protection' but they still appear for all usergroups.

The functions.php edit has fixed the IE issue, thanks, but I'm still confused about the first one

Last edited:
Thanks, could you explain the first point more? I am testing the default categories and I have turned off 'Allow Private downloads' and 'Allow password protection' but they still appear for all usergroups.
Let's say you have 2 categories, one that allows private / password downloads and one that does not.

When you add/edit a download, you have a drop-down menu that lets you set/change the category. The system doesn't know whether one of the downloads in the list allows private / password downloads, so it displays the form "just in case".

Does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings