Status
Not open for further replies.

A.Chakery

Customer
Hello,

I have two separate issues with vBOPTIMIZE ...

1- First about VetArena.com :

When I set my vb and vboptimize to use memcahce it increases my first byte time ... and the second site view does not seem to be cached ... the difference between them is only ~30kb ...

and please note that I also use browser and CDN caches too ..

would you please tell me how can I decrease the first and second page load times?

here is my memcahce settings : (default)
Code:
$config['Misc']['memcacheserver'][$i]		= '127.0.0.1';
$config['Misc']['memcacheport'][$i]			= 11211;
$config['Misc']['memcachepersistent'][$i]	= true;
$config['Misc']['memcacheweight'][$i]		= 1;
$config['Misc']['memcachetimeout'][$i]		= 1;
$config['Misc']['memcacheretry_interval'][$i] = 15;

and here is the memcache test :
(the best possible result after 5-6 tests)

WebPagetest Test Result - Dulles : [url]http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f42/couple-problems-10295/www.vet...rcelona-spain.html - 01/21/13 11:22:14[/url]

=========================================
Ok .. the other problem is about mmadirt.com and PHP 5.3.20

after upgrading the php to 5.3.20 vboptimized stopped working and it gives me these errors when I try to flush the cache and some other parts like resource statistics :

Code:
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/user/public_html/includes/init.php on line 55

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/user/public_html/includes/init.php on line 107

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/user/public_html/includes/init.php on line 111

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/user/public_html/includes/init.php on line 119

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/user/public_html/includes/init.php on line 130

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/user/public_html/includes/init.php on line 134

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/user/public_html/includes/init.php on line 142

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/user/public_html/includes/init.php on line 211

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/user/public_html/includes/init.php on line 389

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/user/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2552

would you please help me to solve it ?

and please also note that I am using vboptimise lite on 3 other vb3 powered forums ... and I have the same issue with them too ...

really appreciate your help.

thank you

1. There's nothing I can do about that, what Memcache does or doesn't do to your page load times is not up to me or vB Optimise :(
Running Memcache on a single server is wasteful, it's designed to be ran in a multi-server environment. You'd be better off getting APC or XCache installed :)

2. Open the files found in the error messages and change =& new to = new
This is a bug in vBulletin 3 that they are not going to fix because vB3 still needs to support PHP 4. vB3 currently does not support PHP 5 :)

1. There's nothing I can do about that, what Memcache does or doesn't do to your page load times is not up to me or vB Optimise :(
Running Memcache on a single server is wasteful, it's designed to be ran in a multi-server environment. You'd be better off getting APC or XCache installed :)

This is a bug in vBulletin 3 that they are not going to fix because vB3 still needs to support PHP 4. vB3 currently does not support PHP 5 :)
thanks for the reply ..

oh I didn't know that .. you mean that I install memcahce on another server and try to set it in vb ...

about memcache and xCache : when I used these two and ran system test .. it gave me this error :

Your Opcache Operator extension is functioning, however it is unable to store data. Please check your extension configuration.

would you please tell me what should I ask my server support ?

thank you

I've attached a .zip file with 2 test scripts you can use to test XCache.

Please run test1.php first, then test2.php. vB Optimise will function when once these scripts are ran in that order, test2.php outputs "Working!".

Attachments

• xcachetest.zip
    363 bytes · Views: 2
thank you very much ..

its now working but please take a look at the 1st and second downloads .. as you see the webpage url is being loaded 2 times when I enable xCache ...

it was the same for APC ... but when I set the caching to memcache or file cache the problem disappears ....

WebPagetest Test Details - Dulles : [url]http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f42/couple-problems-10295/www.vet...rcelona-spain.html - 01/22/13 19:51:13[/url]

-------------

test with xcache : WebPagetest Test Result - Dulles : [url]http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f42/couple-problems-10295/www.vet...rcelona-spain.html - 01/22/13 19:51:13[/url]

test with memcache : http://www.webpagetest.org/result/130122_J8_Z93/

what is your suggestions ?

and about using memcahce : do I have to install it on an another server ?

thank you

Last edited:
As you can see your score is higher when using XCache, it's only First View that's slightly slower.

You don't have to install Memcache on a different server, but Memcache was designed to power large clusters of load balanced web servers being cached by separate servers. As you can see, for repeat views it's much less efficient than XCache.

As you can see your score is higher when using XCache, it's only First View that's slightly slower.

You don't have to install Memcache on a different server, but Memcache was designed to power large clusters of load balanced web servers being cached by separate servers. As you can see, for repeat views it's much less efficient than XCache.
You are right about the second view ... but I wonder why xcacge by xcacge it sends two queries to the server ?!!! (the yellow tagged URL in the first view)

and the page's bytes in is increased from 82KB to 120KB ... I believe we should solve this part ... there is a 300ms difference between these two ...

it would be great if you help me solve this part ... thank you

Unfortunately I can't solve problems in server software that I have no control over :(

You can go here: XCache and click "Submit a bug" if you wish the developer of XCache to be notified that you are experiencing an increase in time to first byte when using XCache over Memcache.

Unfortunately I can't solve problems in server software that I have no control over :(

You can go here: XCache and click "Submit a bug" if you wish the developer of XCache to be notified that you are experiencing an increase in time to first byte when using XCache over Memcache.

but you know I believe there is something with my codes (I am not referring to vboptimize) I am referring to the vb itself... cause its the same when I enable APC...

and the reason that I have an increase in the page size (not the first byte time) is that when I enable xcache (-or apc) it loads the page with an extra query to the URL ...

please see the snapshots that I attached :

but when I use memcache or filecashe I do not have this problem.

thank you for the help

Unfortunately I don't know what would cause those cachers to increase time to first byte. I am not familiar enough with how they work, my familiarity is limited to how to check if they are working :(

I'm confused, the link you posted says that a member of the support staff said that it "should be fine" with a version that is no longer supported by the PHP Group and as such is not installed by default on any modern web host, and does not work on one of the two versions currently supported by the PHP Group.
"Should be" means "we have not tested it and do not officially support it, but we haven't heard of any major issues".

The PHP Group currently supports the latest version of PHP 5.3 and PHP 5.4. Neither of those versions work with vB3. PHP 5.3 works with vB4, but PHP 5.4 does not. Both work with vB5, in fact PHP 5.4 is recommended for vB5.

vB / PHP, like all client / host software, need to either both be kept on an old, unsupported version or both kept up to date. Mixing and matching is a poor idea and often lead to incompatibilities.

Other examples of client / host software needing to both be kept up to date is the fact that modern apps are beginning to drop Windows XP support.

I never said it doesn't work or is impossible to be made to work, I'm saying to my knowledge it's not officially supported by Internet Brands :)
All that means is that if you post a support question that they cannot solve, they may end up telling you "sorry, PHP 5.3 is an unsupported platform, can you please try downgrading to PHP 5.2 or PHP 4".

Technicalities aside, every week there's at least one support request across our mods by someone who's running vB3 and has not replaced =& new with = new in init.php and class_core.php, the effects of which only become visible on standalone pages that parse BBCode. When this is one of our mods, we get the "blame" (so to speak).

Sorry for asking this question here .. but I really didn't found any other suitable forum to ask it ...

I replaced all =& new instances with = new but it didn't solved my issue ....

would you please advise that what should I do ?

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vB Optimise

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings