Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got an instance of the slider on my forum home which works perfectly along with the parallax javascript (a custom add-in) that I run. However on the CMS page, one or the other slider/parallax fails. I think the only time the parallax script works is when it is using a cached version...and then the slider won't load.

Either way, I think it works on the forum page because the slider scripts are loaded before the parallax script, whereas the CMS page they are loaded last.

I guess I'm hoping you can give me an idea of how to move my parallax script so it will load after the slider on the CMS. Or if you have another idea why its not working, I'm all ears.

(BTW- I'm still not live with vb4...so this is only a test site right now.)

Is there any way you can provide the error that is given in Firebug? Also, how about a link to the other script?

Brad
via Moto X

Just wonder if the other script doesn't include the NoConflict part.... I'll take a look tomorrow and see if I can help fix the issue.

Brad
via Moto X

Didn't seem to help. I think it made the actual error go away...not seeing it when I use developer tools, but the scripts still aren't playing nice together on the content page.

I think it is still throwing this error:
Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'scrollingParallax'

Last edited:
Unless I can get access to your Dev site, I'm not sure i'll be able to figure it out.

Brad
via Moto X

Yes please. I've got a busy night with kid activities after work, but after that I'll take a look.

Brad
via Moto X

Ok, it appears it was a widget cache issue. I set the widget cache to 0 (default of 5) and it appears to be working fine now.

Thanks its firing better now. But I am still not getting my other script to work due to some conflict. Got any suggestions for getting my script to load in after the slider on the CMS? Its working on the forum where it loads before the parallax script...so I assume that must be the issue.

Ahh, I just figured the other script was going and the slider just wasn't working. What does the other script do so I can know what I'm looking for?

Brad
via Moto X

The issue I am seeing is that jQuery is being called AFTER the parallax script is being called, therefore its not seeing anything in the script that has to do with jQuery as being valid. I looked around, but can't see where you are calling that script at. If you can move it down, or call jQuery before it (and then disable loading jQuery for vBSlider), then it all should work for you.

If you search the page source code for this "jquery.scrolling-parallax.js" you'll see where its loading. On the CMS, it appears the slider is injecting its jquery scripts at the very end of the page. I may be able to add my script into the dbtech slider pluggin so it loads it afterwards. I guess that is the easiest thing to try for now.

Right, I see where it is loading on the page, I just couldn't find where it is loaded in a template. I looked through several where I thought it might be, but couldn't find it.

Brad
via Moto X

That fixed it...I added the jquery script to the end of the widget.php file. Works great...now I just need to remember that if it needs to be updated again.

Glad you got it to work. There is probably a better way to do it though, perhaps by doing a simple plugin that calls the script, and then have it execute after the slider script.

Brad
via Moto X

You've reached my knowledge point with that (my php knowledge is very low...sometimes I can hack something to make a minor change and that's about it)...but I would like to learn how to do it. Any tips would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBSlider

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back