Bug Category default tab issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skymaester

Customer
It seems, no matter what I set the default tab to for a category, it still defaults to 'All'. Not sure what the issue is here. Unless I'm missing something.

It seems, no matter what I set the default tab to for a category, it still defaults to 'All'. Not sure what the issue is here. Unless I'm missing something.

What are the settings you have for the tabs in the AdminCP? Sometimes one thing can override another. Are you using Cookies on your site as well?

These are the current settings for the tabs.

Also, any cookie settings should be default from when the forum was set up. I typically don't tinker with them.

ftabserr001.jpg

ftabserr002.jpg

Have you changed the setting Default Tab? It's on 'All' at the moment.

I'm not 100% sure of what else it might be without logging into your site. Can you provide me login details via PM?

Sorry, should've mentioned that it was previously on the first tab option before, and this still occurred. Switched it back yesterday and it's the same result.

Sent you admin access.

I've taken a look, and things seem to be working as intended. I'll try and explain how the system works so you understand why you are getting the results you aren't expecting... :D

The mod does the following checks when a page is loaded:

1. Does the URL contain a TabID or CategoryID
  2. Does the cookie system contain a TabID or CategoryID
  3. Does any preselected TabID appear in the Category, if not, check the UserSettings Default Tab
  4. If not set or not relevant, check the General Settings for the Default Tab (in the AdminCP)

When you first load a page the cookie gets the TabID under the current settings. When you later change a setting, because the cookie is already set, it picks that one.

To test the changes you need to clear the TabID and CatID cookies. When the page loads it will run through the above steps, skipping the first two and then hitting your settings.

The way we built the mod is designed so the page is always what the user last opened, if available. We don't have a master override that ignores user selections as it would be potentially annoying to a user to keep getting moved away from the Tab they last opened and are expecting to see.

Does that make sense?

Hello skymaester,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Not A Bug.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Forum Tabs

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
Mokonzi
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings