Status
Not open for further replies.

bzcomputers

Customer
Beta10: Ampersand is not being filtered out of CMS URLs, it is being rewritten "amp"

Ampersand is not currently being filtered out of any CMS URLs, it is being rewritten as "amp". It is correctly filtered out of the Forum URLS.

I have made a hotfix to /dbtech/dbseo/includes/class_core.php for racersimage's issues which seem to have fixed this issue already, as I am not able to reproduce it locally.

Can you please try re-downloading b10 and re-uploading that file?

Just reuploading that single file did not seem to fix the issue. It also introduced this warning:

Warning: strtr() [function.strtr]: The second argument is not an array in [path]/dbtech/dbseo/includes/class_core.php on line 1319

Which was shown 4 times at the top of the page.

Try re-downloading and re-uploading again, I made further changes that should fix it.

Also, try re-uploading /dbtech/dbseo/actions/admin/clearcache.php and use the Clear System Cache function before viewing the URL again.

Uploaded both files, cleared cache. Still getting warnings and "amp" in place of "&".

I left it running if you want to see it.

Edit: Warnings are now gone, not sure if you edited anything. ...Actually they seem to come and go.

Last edited:
I actually don't have your FTP information on this computer as I forgot to copy my FTP profiles across from my desktop when I went on holiday, I haven't edited anything.

What's the value of the "Filter Non-Latin Characters" setting?

What's the value of the "Filter Non-Latin Characters" setting?

Remove Non-Latin Characters.

I should also state that I'm seeing this "amp" for "&" in a CMS Category Name and not in an actual article, if that makes a difference.

------------------------------------

Edit: After further looking it is properly filtered out of a Section Name I have but not out of a Category Name.

I'm unable to replicate this locally.

Can you please re-send your FTP information? Otherwise I won't be able to look into this until around Tuesday 7th :)

Update: The reason for this is that DBSEO was attempting to save on performance by using the unprocessed URL to build its SEO URL. Here's the unprocessed URL for the CMS category: list.php?r=category/59-Cruise-Deals-amp-Discounts

As you can see, before DBSEO even touches the URL, "amp" is already a part of the vB4 CMS SEO URL. I found nowhere to edit this URL (short of manually editing the database).

I've removed this performance enhancement due to this issue.

Kind of crazy vB coded it differently for CMS Section Names versus CMS Category Names, but I guess at this point you're probably use to seeing this kind of thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back