Question Automated Donations of Forum Currency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Augustus

Customer
Howdy again folks,

Is it possible for me to set up a donation event that occurs every 30 days?

Example: Donation event which transfers 30 Crowns from account "Adam, uid121" to account "Treasury, uid2"

(I've been thinking that the Frequency box would cover this, but I wasn't sure)

Secondly, is it possible for the amount donated to be based on a percentage, say 15% of the total they received from Paycheck events?

(I'm thinking no, based on what I've seen in the ACP but thought I'd double check to be sure.)

Thank you in advance!

For the first bit, you can't automate a donate event but you could add a negative interest event. That would have roughly the same function, though it would need some manual finessing if you did need to deposit it into the Treasury account.

There's no way to create the "percent of paycheck" at this time, sorry :(

I believe setting up a new Interest event with -0.15 in the Amount will do it, however I'm not 100% sure so I would recommend observing it and comparing the results to see if it does what you expect :)

That is family simple enough to do, and I'll begin trying something on our live board shortly. In your first reply you said "though it would need some manual finessing if you did need to deposit it into the Treasury account." could you please clarify what finesse would be needed and whether the process could be automated via cronjobs or by the addon itself?

You'd need to observe the transaction log manually and add the appropriate amount of credits to your Treasury account manually.

Hello Augustus,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBCredits II Deluxe

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings