Status
Not open for further replies.

KaeptnCaipi

Customer
Hi,

bought the PRO version this weekend and installed it. So far, so good. First donations came correctly but one user noticed a curious thing:

we set the allowed donate amount to "suggested an dcustom" and we did not change the default suggested amount. So 5$ is the pre-selected amount if you want to donate. When a registered user clicks on "Submit" the PayPal window opens and it is showing 500$.
I don't know what comes in the next windows 'cause I only have one PayPal account an I can't log in to donate. But when I tried this as an runregistered user everything seems to be ok.

Can you please help and take a look?
donate1.jpgdonate2.jpg

I tried this morning as a guest, and now under the account you pm'd me with and I am unable to replicate the issue, selecting 5.00 shows on PayPal as 5,00 I assume since it is in German

I just checked the plug-in again. It seems that it has to do with the German language selected as you assumed. When I change forum language to "English" everything seems to be all right. As soon as I change it to "German" we have the problem I mentioned. It doesn't matter if it's an registered or unregistered user.

Any idea what causes the problem and how we can fix it??

Strange this issue has not come up before, maybe try and edit the Suggested Donate Amounts to reflect how they should look in German, (ie): 5.00 becomes 5,00 and so on.

OK, in the ACP I changed the suggested donations from 5,00 to 5 and now it seems to work correctly.
Guess PayPal didn't recognice the , as seperator as we have a . in Germany to separate characters. So 5,00$ became 500$ with the German setting.

Another question: any chance that the users can choose between different currencies in the future? At the moment only one currency can be set.

Ok glad the first issue is sorted, as far as the different currencies, I think we did not put that in due to the fact of exchanging currency issues once you receive the contribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDonate

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
Mokonzi
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back