Status
Not open for further replies.
As this is Alpha, I have no idea what you guys have planned so I'm not sure what you're looking for, but... here's my feedback. =)

Choosing either "Scratch" or "Defend" and hitting submit appears to do nothing,however it's doing an attack. Need feedback somewhere stating what happened, how much damage you did/took, etc.

"Scratch" should let you know what that means, meaning, it's my monsters attack. I wasn't sure what "scratch" was in reference to at first.

After attacking, the radio button for attack/defend reverts to defend. Should probably remain on the last user chosen option.

Attacking is a REALLY good place for AJAX I think. With all of the full page refreshes, I think that's going to be a turn off for people.

Many times when I attack, no stats change for my monster or the one I am attacking. Not sure what happened that round really.

The monster I am attacking, never seemed to do a single point of damage to me. (This was the medusa, another monster kicked my ass)

When I won the match, the data in the "context menu" cleared and... I have no idea what to do. =)

Being defeated has no messages either (again, I'm sure you guys are aware of this, but... adding everything in).

Clicking the healer doesn't seem to work, no way to heal your monster.

Need to know how much XP we get for winning, and where we stand in relation to the next level.

Not sure what the monster list on the right is for during a battle? maybe future functionality, but if not, it only serves to confuse me at the moment. ;)

Last edited:
Hey staff

when i hunt monsters on this new rpg mod

there is a bug that displays my monster pet as the battle npc monster as well

It is a bit confusing, Saucer, but if you look it shows your monster in 2 places. At first I thought I was battling two at the same time!

As this is Alpha, I have no idea what you guys have planned so I'm not sure what you're looking for, but... here's my feedback. =)

Choosing either "Scratch" or "Defend" and hitting submit appears to do nothing,however it's doing an attack. Need feedback somewhere stating what happened, how much damage you did/took, etc.

"Scratch" should let you know what that means, meaning, it's my monsters attack. I wasn't sure what "scratch" was in reference to at first.

After attacking, the radio button for attack/defend reverts to defend. Should probably remain on the last user chosen option.

Attacking is a REALLY good place for AJAX I think. With all of the full page refreshes, I think that's going to be a turn off for people.

Many times when I attack, no stats change for my monster or the one I am attacking. Not sure what happened that round really.

The monster I am attacking, never seemed to do a single point of damage to me.

When I won the match, the data in the "context menu" cleared and... I have no idea what to do. =)

Just looking for bugs at this point. Everything you mentioned is already planned =)

It is a bit confusing, Saucer, but if you look it shows your monster in 2 places. At first I thought I was battling two at the same time!

In the final version the display to the right will just be the avatars of the monsters you have with you, and a visual representation of their stats instead of the statbit there just now =)

No actual bugs yet that I could find. Had 4 matches I think, 3 I won, 1 I lost.

Nothing died that wasn't supposed to. ;)

For the record there is a "to hit" chance for each move - if nothing happens thats why.

The medusa not hitting you was an oversight with the moves on my part. Thats been rectified now cheers for highlighting.

At the moment theres no levelling system in place.

Once you're at the main menu again just hit world map and go back to the area.

Healing seems to be working ok here can you try again? Try making sure you are in the village outskirts when you do it =)

Healing only works when you are not in a battle. Which I think is good. I was getting beaten down by another damned Rhingo and in the middle I hit the healing. Nothing. After he killed me I was able to heal.

Healing seems to be working ok here can you try again? Try making sure you are in the village outskirts when you do it =)

Ok, healing does work. It was just my not knowing the logic behind it.

I was trying to heal while in a battle, I was assuming it would be limited to X heal potions or something. While in a battle, you can't heal at all, from anywhere. Outside of battle, the healing worked fine. So, I'm guessing it's working as intended?

Ok, healing does work. It was just my not knowing the logic behind it.

I was trying to heal while in a battle, I was assuming it would be limited to X heal potions or something. While in a battle, you can't heal at all, from anywhere. Outside of battle, the healing worked fine. So, I'm guessing it's working as intended?

Yup. Items (e.g potions) are yet to be added.

I hope the layout is designed a lil better for the beta. I'm getting a broken image here, but I assume everyone else is as well?

So far, the battles are okay but there should at least be some way to let us know what is going on when we battle the monsters.

Also, didn't you say that these monsters are BOSS monsters? I was surprised I could pick these monster bosses as my first monster. I'm assuming this is the Alpha and you are just using those monsters as test subjects for now.

Hopefully the layout gets improved in the final release. The boxes and the information that's displayed seems sorta... off.

Oh, and also, AJAX for the battling system is REQUIRED. It's annoying that the page has to refresh every time I did an attack. Speaking of attacks, on later versions, will our monsters level up and learn new attack moves? Sorta like... Pokemon. ;)

I got in a fight and tried to heal. No dice. I then logged out & closed the window. Logged back in and BAM...still no healing. So that works just fine.

I still can't get healing to work. I tried it from every possible location, but no change. Perhaps the healing button should only be on the screen where it can be used?

I hope the layout is designed a lil better for the beta. I'm getting a broken image here, but I assume everyone else is as well?

Not getting one here. Which image?

So far, the battles are okay but there should at least be some way to let us know what is going on when we battle the monsters.

Final version will have a detailed battle log of whats happening

Also, didn't you say that these monsters are BOSS monsters? I was surprised I could pick these monster bosses as my first monster. I'm assuming this is the Alpha and you are just using those monsters as test subjects for now.

Nail on head. These are placeholders while we finalise the system for combining body parts and colours.

Hopefully the layout gets improved in the final release. The boxes and the information that's displayed seems sorta... off.

Layout will stay more or less the same, except there will be more icons down the bottom bar, the side picture will show the avatar of all your monsters and a more visual display of their status instead of a post bit, and i'm thinking of ways to fill up the context menu some more =)

Oh, and also, AJAX for the battling system is REQUIRED. It's annoying that the page has to refresh every time I did an attack. Speaking of attacks, on later versions, will our monsters level up and learn new attack moves? Sorta like... Pokemon. ;)

AJAXing will be coming =) and yes your monsters will level up and learn moves, like in BALDURS GATE. =P

I still can't get healing to work. I tried it from every possible location, but no change. Perhaps the healing button should only be on the screen where it can be used?

Go to world map, hunt. Make sure you're not still in a battle. If you are, it won't work =)

It;s likely the heal button won't even be in the final version - it's just there for ease of use just now.

Here is the image bug I am getting:

24ybw3c.jpg

Also, will our monster info be displayed in the member's postbit? Will the postbit info show the image of your monster and a couple of its stats? If so, would all this info be in a dropdown menu (just like Post Like/Dislike stats in the postbit)?

Not getting one here. Which image?

Monster trainer and World Guide images are broken.

Go to world map, hunt. Make sure you're not still in a battle. If you are, it won't work =)

It;s likely the heal button won't even be in the final version - it's just there for ease of use just now.

I need to heal because I've already gone to the world map and hunted, and can't win against this monster who is three levels above me from the start.

So.... how do I get out of battle? Do I have to lose the fight first? Is there any penalty for losing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back