Status
Not open for further replies.

Trekkan

Customer
When creating the monster, a color chart to choose basic colors from would be good. Most people have no idea what a HEX color is.

Put the monster your building in a more viewable area while building. I didn't realize it was actually putting it together until I got to the bottom. Not too big a deal, but would be nice to be able to see it as it's created instead of scrolling up and down a bunch of times.

I didn't select any colors for my monster parts, I assumed he'd look like the preview, all gray. He was all sorts of colors. I assume no color means randomly choose one, which isn't a bad thing. But it should probably tell people that's what's going to happen as you expect the preview, to look like the preview.

During I fight, I saw this in the logs, I assume it's a bug as I hit.. so I should do damage in my mind).

[19:12:39] [Rhingo] Scratch Miss [Bob Loblaw] [19:12:39] [Bob Loblaw] Scratch Hit [Rhingo] 0 Damage

If I'm incorrect in that assumption, maybe it should say something different when whatever condition this is, is met.

Killed a level 2 monster, got 12 XP, killed a level 3 monster and got 13 XP. Just bad luck with the dice?

Also, figured out a fairly easy way to kill any monster without losing (at least, probably most of the time). Will PM about that though.

When creating the monster, a color chart to choose basic colors from would be good. Most people have no idea what a HEX color is.
Doing so would conflict with the hex code insertion though, so methinks what I'm gonna do is find a way to incorporate a colour wheel so that you get a WYSIWYG selection of your monster's colour.

Put the monster your building in a more viewable area while building. I didn't realize it was actually putting it together until I got to the bottom. Not too big a deal, but would be nice to be able to see it as it's created instead of scrolling up and down a bunch of times.
It will most likely be changed, just have to find a decent alternative.

I didn't select any colors for my monster parts, I assumed he'd look like the preview, all gray. He was all sorts of colors. I assume no color means randomly choose one, which isn't a bad thing. But it should probably tell people that's what's going to happen as you expect the preview, to look like the preview.
I'll see about adding that to the popup.

During I fight, I saw this in the logs, I assume it's a bug as I hit.. so I should do damage in my mind).

[19:12:39] [Rhingo] Scratch Miss [Bob Loblaw] [19:12:39] [Bob Loblaw] Scratch Hit [Rhingo] 0 Damage

If I'm incorrect in that assumption, maybe it should say something different when whatever condition this is, is met.
Not a bug, we configured starter moves so that not only in their own, but also via RNG, they can do 0 damage.

Killed a level 2 monster, got 12 XP, killed a level 3 monster and got 13 XP. Just bad luck with the dice?
It's how the EXP scaling system works, for every level above your own you kill, you get 10% exp bonus to the base EXP reward. Atm we opted out of using baseline level scaling (which would mean (base * level) + 10% :)

Also, figured out a fairly easy way to kill any monster without losing (at least, probably most of the time). Will PM about that though.
Not really an exploit per se, it's the differences in stats that means mobs do little damage.

Suggestions:

1) Make the screen wider (like 80~100px wider). That wouldn't be a problem cause sheesh, find a person who has a screen with resolution lower than 1024x760. No one!
So, the actual dimension is 900px, adding the browser's scroll bar, which is less than 20px wide, we have 920px circa, so you could TOTALLY add another 80/90 pixels : D

2) Make it possible for the users to hide/show the monster panel on the right with just a click

3) Add some exp points to thougher monsters : | Leveling up is REALLY frustrating

4) Show just the last moves instead of all the combat log, it's ugly : o maybe you could just make it available but hidden by default, so nerds will go and click on it to see and save their battle log.

AND i suggest to adopt the TWEWY (the world ends with you, the nintendo ds RPG) monster encounter style:

You go into a map, and you see monster icons floating on the map, you have 4 types of symbol: small, medium, big, and big blue ones. Small means weak monsters, medium medium monsters and big strong monsters, while blue ones are bosses.

So when you get into a map you click on a symbol and you get into a fight with a monster.
You never know what monster you're gonna fight, 'cause monsters with the same strenght share the same symbol (small, medium, big), so you could chose to have, in the first map:
small -> lv 1 / 2
medium -> 3 / 4
strong -> 5 / 6
That's not going to make it easier to anyone, if one avoids strong monsters, he'll never level up, it just makes it less frustrating!

I played TWEWY for a total of 60 hours, and never got bored of this system. It's just perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back