Bug All uploads file names and name references are being transformed to lowercase text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzcomputers

Customer
All new uploads are ignoring file name capitalization and being transformed to lowercase. This is also happening on the displayed file name reference (which probably comes from the transformed uploaded file name).

-------------------------------------
Tried to fix this on the file names displayed by adding "text-transform:capitalize" and of course this causes them to display differently depending on the browser. :confused:

Chrome

capture1.jpg

Firefox

capture2.jpg

Do you have a solution for sorting the files displayed alphabetically? Many of my downloads have an ordered list of files . I originally tried to upload the files one-by-one but that didn't seem to always work. They still many times continued to display in a random order.

Last edited:
Update: I believe I've now corrected it so it only downscales extensions.

This will only affect future files, past uploaded files are still going to be in their lowercase state.

As there's another issue in another one of your threads that affect other files, you should re-upload all files. An XML import is not needed :)

Confirmed, file names are now showing capitalization correctly. Thanks.

Do you have a solution for sorting the files displayed alphabetically? Many of my downloads have an ordered list of files . I originally tried to upload the files one-by-one but that didn't seem to always work. They still many times continued to display in a random order.

Any ideas on this?

I've added a filename sort on the query in /dbtech/downloads/actions/download.php - see if that works for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back