Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokonzi

Former Developer
I'm wondering how to go about adding additional criteria from other Mods, (such as VaultWiki) so that I can include them in the activity. I’ve had a look over the plugins that deal with the points found in the plugin manager, but I’m not 100% certain how that is transferred into the system.

If you can provide some help, I’ll put together a tutorial for others to do similar, assuming I’m able to actually put a successful integration together :D

Your first step would be to look in /dbtech/vbactivity/type/ - it has 1 file for each kind of criteria.

Then, you should look in /dbtech/vbactivity/install/install/2100.php for how I add new columns to the dbtech_vbactivity_points table. Also, directly beneath that, how I insert into the dbtech_vbactivity_type table before rebuilding the Condition (Criteria) and Type table caches.

The type files as described above should between them provide you with what you need to create any kind of integration :)

Thanks for the information. I'll try and find some time between configuring all the DBTech addons over the next few days... and then watch me hit a brick wall :)

I can probably help you create part of the VW integration when I have some time (Cosmic decides when this is xD) if you brick yourself into a corner :)

Had some time to think about development of this and noticed a potential problem in integrating VaultWiki into vbActivity. VW uses the post/thread system and manipulates it's content to create the wiki entries. This has the effect that whenever a user edits a wiki article or creates a new article, it behaves as a normal regular post. In at least vbCredits this means that transactions deduct and then add in regards to the articles word count.

In vbActivity, is it taking notice of edits, and if so, is how VW is setup going to create a problem in differentiating between the two?

vBActivity doesn't care about edits, because the post is already made. If VW makes a new post for every edit, then that will indeed be problematic.

Not a new post per edit. But it is treated as a post (the article) and therefore becomes subject to the editing system. In vbCredits this manifests as a recount of the words. I'm inclined to leave that as the main bonus atm for the editors, but will have a look more indepth at the way VW does the edits, and see if I can link them into vbActivity in some way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.