Legacy Whose Online Page Link Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Praetorian

Customer
When people view the "whose online" pages and there are people browsing the reviews the page links don't show properly. They show as broken URL's (with a bunch of 'ArrayArrayArrayArrayArrayArrayArrayArrayArray' and when you click on them sometimes the pages appear glitched out with blank fields.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Could you please try disabling all other modifications and see whether that works? We've received no similar reports of this, which leads me to believe there may be a mod conflict somewhere, so I want to eliminate that possibility first :)

Yep, its definitely an issue with the PRO installation download. I redownloaded the LITE version and uploaded that one and everything appeared again perfectly fine. So there must be a discrepancy between the PRO and LITE install downloads.

But, the WHOSE ONLINE still shows up without showing the correct location for people browsing the reviews.

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

Sorry I haven't had a chance to try out the updated FTP details yet. I will let you know via PM if I need more information, or post back here when it's been fixed :)

Update: I made a change to the files that should prevent the Array from appearing in the URLs, let me know if it happens again :)

I'll check it out soon, what about the issue when moving from the LITE to the FULL version and nothing showing up. Did you get the FTP info fixed? I retested and the connection information does work.

Sorry, I meant I edited the files @ your site. Are the Pro files not on your server just now?

No, those were not the pro files. That was LITE. I had to take the PRO files down because it showed nothing but blank pages and I couldn't have blank pages up for there for however long it took to get rectified.

I'll re-upload the PRO files so you can see what happens. The WHOSE ONLINE pages though will probably show up errored again though if those are not edited. They will be up in the next few minutes of this post time. Then just view the reviews pages and they will all be blank.

Ok, PRO installation is uploaded once again. All pages are blank but the database still shows everything there in the admin panels. I don't see any other installation notes to upgrade from LITE to PRO other than upload the new files and run the new PRO XML installer. The read me just says to upload the files in the upload folder to proper directory.

I also checked before and the Whose Online still showed for example:

Unknown Location
/forum/dbtreview.php?do=search&tag=ideal&ri=review

It doesn't show where the person who is logged in is viewing so that they can see that page and go directly to it.

Ok, PRO installation is uploaded once again. All pages are blank but the database still shows everything there in the admin panels. I don't see any other installation notes to upgrade from LITE to PRO other than upload the new files and run the new PRO XML installer. The read me just says to upload the files in the upload folder to proper directory.
This is because the Pro version adds per-category permissions, and they default to off. I have mass updated the category permissions to match the instance permissions and all articles are now showing up as intended :)

You know, I was gonna check that but then I noticed something very interesting. If you know the direct link to a review you can still view the review despite the permissions being turned off. So it looks like the actual reviews don't do a permissions check. Because I could view individual reviews even with the permissions turned off. Which is why I didn't think it was a permissions thing. Perhaps something to look into?

Could this be because reviews don't seem to be added to any specific categories as far as navigation is concerned? Because when you view a review it doesn't link itself to a particular category. So in the navigation bit right now its just HOME > REVIEW instead of HOME > CATEGORY > (SUB CATEGORY) > REVIEW.

Last edited:
Are you sure your test user did not have an additional usergroup that was permitted to view the review? I ask because no-one else has reported this issue so it would be surprising to me if it had gone unnoticed for so long :)

Well, like you said the permissions default to "off" when you start a new install or upgrade. Before you fixed the permissions on my site where no one could view anything. I still could still go to a direct link to a review and view it. The only part of the site that was empty was the pages that contained category information. Everything was off because it defaults that way.

I'm currently a bit swamped with a deadline so I'm not 100% sure when I'll be able to look into this but I'll keep this thread open so I can resolve it ASAP :)

Status
Not open for further replies.