Status
Not open for further replies.

rootsxrocks

Customer
I need help in determining the sequence I use to upgrade and to remove the adon for v3arcade that failed previously but refuses to uninstall.

I had vBCredits 1.4rc2 installed on my 3.86 and disabled it before upgrading to 4.0x back in April. I want to upgrade to the Pro version. and I think I might also want to install vbshop

I Currently have v3_arcade_for_vbulletin_2_0_0_(vb4) installed

and previously had a failed install of vBCredits with v3 Arcade 1.1 (didn't work)

I have tried to remove this but I get a Database error

PHP:
Database error in vBulletin 4.0.6:

Invalid SQL:
DROP TABLE `credits_v3session`;

MySQL Error   : Unknown table 'credits_v3session'
Error Number  : 1051
Request Date  : Monday, August 16th 2010 @ 08:55:25 PM
Error Date    : Monday, August 16th 2010 @ 08:55:30 PM
Script        : http://myforum/plugin.php?do=productkill
Referrer      : http:// myforum/admincp/plugin.php?do=productdelete&productid=credits_v3arcade&s=
IP Address    :  
Username      : ROOT
Classname     : vB_Database
MySQL Version : 5.0.89
I also have vBookie for vBulletin 4 4.0.7 installed but disabled for the moment

Plus I have the pro version of Gameroom 1.2.0 which I have disabled as well for the moment as it caused issued with adding a new user. I had temporarily enebled its credit system and vbookie has its credit system enabled untill I was able to re activate the vbcredits.

So How should I procede ?

After I posted this, the refreshed page was not formatted correctly , everything was streched out hopfully it was just a connection glitch, I will report if it does it again with a screen shot

Since all it's doing is deleted the table anyway, what I'd do is create an empty table named "credits_v3session", start the uninstall again and see where it dies next. Repeat until it's gone.

I need help in determining the sequence I use to upgrade and to remove the adon for v3arcade that failed previously but refuses to uninstall.

I had vBCredits 1.4rc2 installed on my 3.86 and disabled it before upgrading to 4.0x back in April. I want to upgrade to the Pro version. and I think I might also want to install vbshop

I Currently have v3_arcade_for_vbulletin_2_0_0_(vb4) installed

and previously had a failed install of vBCredits with v3 Arcade 1.1 (didn't work)

I have tried to remove this but I get a Database error

PHP:
Database error in vBulletin 4.0.6:

Invalid SQL:
DROP TABLE `credits_v3session`;

MySQL Error   : Unknown table 'credits_v3session'
Error Number  : 1051
Request Date  : Monday, August 16th 2010 @ 08:55:25 PM
Error Date    : Monday, August 16th 2010 @ 08:55:30 PM
Script        : http://myforum/plugin.php?do=productkill
Referrer      : http:// myforum/admincp/plugin.php?do=productdelete&productid=credits_v3arcade&s=
IP Address    :  
Username      : ROOT
Classname     : vB_Database
MySQL Version : 5.0.89
I also have vBookie for vBulletin 4 4.0.7 installed but disabled for the moment

Plus I have the pro version of Gameroom 1.2.0 which I have disabled as well for the moment as it caused issued with adding a new user. I had temporarily enebled its credit system and vbookie has its credit system enabled untill I was able to re activate the vbcredits.

So How should I procede ?

I will probably have to apply some new uninstall code for you if the db structure behind v3 has changed this much. PM me an admin login with product/plugin permissions.
Other than that you should be able to install vBCredits II Deluxe right on top of it, enable the product, and it will automatically convert the amounts people had (settings will need to be redone as they have changed radically).

How is achievements, different than using credits and VB shop together ?

Let's see if Fillip H. can explain achievements, although I'm not sure what you are asking?

Achievements are little icons next to postbit that are automatically awarded based on criteria, it has absolutely nothing to do with any of this.

I will probably have to apply some new uninstall code for you if the db structure behind v3 has changed this much. PM me an admin login with product/plugin permissions.
Other than that you should be able to install vBCredits II Deluxe right on top of it, enable the product, and it will automatically convert the amounts people had (settings will need to be redone as they have changed radically).

Let's see if Fillip H. can explain achievements, although I'm not sure what you are asking?
I have sent you a PM with the requested Info I have purchased the Pro version of credits but not uploaded anything yet. awaiting your feedback.

Fillip H. I was more or less thinking the concept of awards to users IE credits earns money that can be used to buy features. I will get credits and my bookie going again before I venture further. thank you.

Just a little post here - spending credits to unlock things (i.e bigger avatar limits, forum permissions etc etc) are all feature in vBShop, not vBActivity (Which is designed to track the activity of your memers and encourage them to be more active)

Thank you for the distinctions
is charging others for content a feature of Vbshop ?
I like the 107 % but might that remind my OCD members that they have no life LOL
My users like thier crowns from the arcade
I am noticing a significant amount of scrolling with all the display of stats, I'd like to see it in a horz format

Thank you for the distinctions
is charging others for content a feature of Vbshop ?
I like the 107 % but might that remind my OCD members that they have no life LOL
My users like thier crowns from the arcade
I am noticing a significant amount of scrolling with all the display of stats, I'd like to see it in a horz format

Not had anyone mention the stats have been a negative - usually people comete to get higher ones xD

At the moment you cannot charge actual money for shop content, though with the upcoming paypal addition to vBCredits, you will be able to if you so wish.

We're looking into different ways of displaying data, and/or making multiple postbits to keep the height as minimal as possible - for all of our mods. Usually showing the data is optional both via ACP and also via the user choosing to have them collapsed by default.

Thank you for your Help John, everything appears to be doing great. including working with game room after a reinstall of game room. (knock on wood) waiting On my bookie to try a new bet. all my old balances were preserved I haven't ventured into the settings yet .

still working on the v3arcade update :p will announce when its ready (should be during next month)
If you need a copy of v3 Arcade for vB4, it can be downloaded from v3Arcade.com (it has not been released on vB.org yet; at this point not sure if we will either). If you need access to the beta version forums over there to help out with the vBCredits add-on, shoot me a PM over there (Kevin) so we can get your account updated.

For other v3A users looking to upgrade their vBC add-on, any chance you can post something over there pointing people in the right direction for now?

Last edited:
:(
If you need a copy of v3 Arcade for vB4, it can be downloaded from v3Arcade.com (it has not been released on vB.org yet; at this point not sure if we will either). If you need access to the beta version forums over there to help out with the vBCredits add-on, shoot me a PM over there (Kevin) so we can get your account updated.

For other v3A users looking to upgrade their vBC add-on, any chance you can post something over there pointing people in the right direction for now?

Your welcome to use my site to give it a live try, I have all of the latest v3A and pro credits + gameroom and Vbookie Live and my traffic is not to heavy :( but all of the add ons are being used by my 30 or so daily users, we have been "under construction" so long we are used to it. However I am very happy that I choose to stick with v3A and Darks Credits. I look forward to using more products as these get the kinks worked out and I Grow.

still working on the v3arcade update :p will announce when its ready (should be during next month)

Any update? We've recently released v3A for vB4 over at vB.org and people trying to find the status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back