Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrus

Customer
Ah, returning to this software is always a love/hate thing! Love because I love the idea, hate because ... well. I think this is my third or fourth time installing it over the years. It always results in a crapload of threads from me here. :)

Anyway, what am I supposed to see at the end of a personality by Cosmic test? I have six questions set up with 8 multi-choices each, each multi-choice corresponding to a text result. However, when I finish the quiz, all I see is the attached image - no text, just a pie chart telling me I'm in the 100th percentile (of a quiz that isn't even scored! How's that work?).

quiz1.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    155 KB · Views: 0
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 5
I checked and was having the same problem on my dev system. I hotfixed the 1.2.5 version, if you download the package again and reupload the dbtech/vbquiz/actions/quizresults.php file, it should be fixed.

So, Dylan, here's a question. I don't mean to be mean, but this *is* a paid-for product -- how can nobody not have noticed in all the years the product has been available that it doesn't work? We're not talking slight bugs here, we're talking "flat-out don't work!"

Sorry if that sounds angrier than it's meant to - but I do find it frustrating given that I've been down very similar roads to this with this very product a couple of times before. I'm determined this time to actually keep it installed.

Either no one bothered to report it, or they just thought that was the intended display. It could also be that at some point the product was updated for either a bug fix, or a feature update, and that messed it up. :(

I know it can be frustrating when issues like this pop up for whatever reason, but do keep in mind that any of the developers here want to see their products work on your site as much as you do if not more. :)

Hopefully everything is working correctly now and you can enjoy the product without any more serious issues.

I know it can be frustrating when issues like this pop up for whatever reason, but do keep in mind that any of the developers here want to see their products work on your site as much as you do if not more. :)

For sure. And for the rest of DB's products here, that's certainly true - most of the are excellent, and work correctly with no more than the occasional glitch; this particular one, vBQuiz, though, seems to be consistently plagued by massive showstopping bugs - and has been any time I've tried it since it was first launched. I'm about to report another couple....

Hopefully they'll all get worked out in the end.

Sorry about the trouble you are having, but I am sure Dylan will fix any bugs there is as time allows.

So, Dylan, here's a question. I don't mean to be mean, but this *is* a paid-for product -- how can nobody not have noticed in all the years the product has been available that it doesn't work? We're not talking slight bugs here, we're talking "flat-out don't work!"

Sorry if that sounds angrier than it's meant to - but I do find it frustrating given that I've been down very similar roads to this with this very product a couple of times before. I'm determined this time to actually keep it installed.

I understand being frustrated with bugs, but the problem is no one ever reported it. It worked at first and at some point I must have done a bug fix for another quiz type that messed this one up and no one noticed or reported it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBQuiz

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back