Legacy vBShout and anonym.to

Status
Not open for further replies.

richtv

Customer
Haven't tried it but i read that vBShout offers only anonym.to as the anonymizer. I would like to use a different anonymizer such as privatelink.de instead of anonym.to. Is it possible I can change it to this somewhere in the product or code? We had issues with anonym.to so we gave up on them for our forum about a month ago. Would prefer to use privatelink.de for both the forum and SB. I purchased vBShout a few weeks ago but only got around to installing it a couple days ago. Thanks.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You can run a search & replace in the code for anonym.to and change it to what you want :)

still having trouble with this.

I even upgraded from 6.2.14 to 6.2.15

I tried by using the Replacement Variable Manager in the AdminCP but I still can't get it to work for the shoutbox. I can confirm that those replacements are working correctly if i test it in a thread but for some reason it just won't accept it in the shoutbox. It still shows as an anonym.to link. I tried the replacement in both the default style and the style my site is using.
Fillip H., can you please confirm that your suggestion works on your test site or however you guys test, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back