Question VBSEO to DBSEO Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrenks

Customer
I tested DBSEO on a smaller site and after a bit of work everything is working correctly, but doing my main site I have a few questions

I imported VBSEO setting to DBSEO (thanks for having this!) - OK!
Updated .htaccess - OK!
Disabled VBSEO - OK!
Renamed VBSEO folders to test removal - BALNK PAGES! (so there is still calls to VBSEO)

I have not gotten to the sitemap generation yet, in vbseo i had it on my server and in google i had them come get it daily, I think dbseo generates and submits, can i have this do the same as VBSEO?

Thanks!

Can you please make sure display_errors is set to On in php.ini, so that you can see the actual error instead of a blank page?

It is set to on. I have not uninstalled VBSEO, just disabled it, but I am a little wear of running an uninstall if I have issues.

Last edited:
In that case, please ask your host for assistance with how to enable error display so that we can see what the real error is :)

Code:
; Examples:
;
;   - Show all errors, except for notices
;
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED
;
;   - Show only errors
;
;error_reporting = E_COMPILE_ERROR|E_ERROR|E_CORE_ERROR
;
;   - Show all errors except for notices
;
;error_reporting  =  E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

; Print out errors (as a part of the output).  For production web sites,
; you're strongly encouraged to turn this feature off, and use error logging
; instead (see below).  Keeping display_errors enabled on a production web site
; may reveal security information to end users, such as file paths on your Web
; server, your database schema or other information.
display_errors = On

should be all

It's highly unlikely pages would be blank for no reason, so there must be an error being hidden somewhere that's halting page execution.

I will dig a bit as I go, was going to isolate the file being used from the VBSEO folder. I did the uninstall as well and that went ok, but still stops execution when i rename the folder (vbseo) .

possibly but then i am afraid links for translator will fail, I will play with it once I have some free time and report back

Have an issue, but this is possiblt from a server upgrade as well but SEO url related. I have a lot of % signs in my urls as I deal with percent bonuses. Any url with a % throws a 400 bad request error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings