Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon12345

Customer
I have some vbOptimise questions:

1. Would vboptimise increase my RAM requirements on my VPS? I have 1.5GB of RAM, using 1.2GB leaving about 300MB of RAM left.

2. If I went for a 3 month license + the Branding Free option, does that mean if I ever renew my license, the Branding Free option will not cost me again (i.e. its lifetime)?

3. If I went for a 3 month license, do you have any coupons or discounts currently on offer?

4. Does the cache affect Adsense or other adnetwork ads in any way?

5. If I uninstall it, does it mess up any templates, part of the db or anything like that?

6. If I went for a 3 month license and wanted to switch to the lifetime license after its expiry, do I pay the difference.

Thanks guys!

Jon

1) Yes vBO will increase your RAM usage as will any caching system

2) Correct, the Branding Free license lasts forever

3) We do not currently have any special offers on vBOptimise 3 month licenses

4) Fillip H. will answer that for you

5) No nothing should be affected by uninstalling vBOptimise

6) You pay the difference plus a small percentage to upgrade.

Cosmic

4. It's possible that the Guest Full Page Caching feature might serve static content for ads, but we have not received any reports about it. It's entirely possible adsense ads are delivered dynamically via JS, in which case it wouldn't be affected.

Thanks for the speedy replies.

What do you estimate my extra RAM requirements would be? I'm just trying to get a rough idea so I know how much extra I will be paying per month for my hosting.

Edit: Just noticed something. I have modified the name of my admincp folder for security reasons. Can I still use this plugin? If so, do I need to modify the code in just the vboptimise.php file? Or any others?

Last edited:
Unfortunately I have no way of answering how much more memory is used. It varies by what type of opcode cacher you're using and how much storage you allocate to each of them.

If you're constrained, you can use the Filecache system, which takes up no noticeable extra memory, but performance increases are not as big as with an in-memory cacher.

A VPS can usually be adjusted pretty easily, so I'd suggest confirming that with your host and then start off smaller and scale upwards as your needs grow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back