Status
Not open for further replies.

stb74

Customer
Hi

I have recently upgraded my vbcredits system to the vbcredits deluxe II and wondered how I can get the credits integrated with vbookie.

i have a vbookie actionset which is being tested for release in the next few days. it will integrate everything again for you :)

vBookie/vBCredits II Deluxe Question

Okay, so I have vBCredits II Deluxe and vBookie. I'm going to use it for the Fantasy Football league I'm running for my site. But I'm confused as to how exactly the vBCredits meshes with vBookie.

I know vBookie lets you set odds but what then does vBCredits do? Say I want to bet on a game between Team A & Team B. I determine that Team B should win and I give them 3-1 odds. What do I put into vBCredits and which Event would I use (bet, payout or event)? Or do I have to use Bet to let them place the bet and Payout in case they win? Do I simply put 1 in the payout because the odds are determined by vBookie?

I'm confused. Please give step by step instructions for the situation above and I'll be able to figure it out from there.

I'm having a little difficulty with vbookie and credits at the moment My bookie completed a bet and vbookie says that we won in its stats but it does not appear in the transaction record nor reflect on the balance of individual account. I am thinking that after you import the actions for vbookie you have to complete some configuration I am lost with.
I'm going back into it ill check back later.

He'd better! Or when the monster RPG gets going I'm going to hunt his monsters down relentlessly and turn them into quiver piles of monster-goo.

Darkwaltz4 should have a reply for you soon! :)

when our vbookie didn't pay to the winners I found the setting for credits had reverted to custom. I would have sworn i set it to vbcredits. but I do recall something about custom being said here.

Sorry, you posted this right after i logged off dbtech for the day yesterday :p

Noooooo you should absolutely keep it set to Custom! vBookie went and added a vBCredits setting, but it doesnt integrate correctly (its more for the old version) :-/ It is imperative that it stay on Custom so that the hooks get a chance to make records and issue errors and whatnot.

After that, make sure you have created Bet and Payout events, you can leave their values as 0, but they need to exist. You can create an Event event if you want to charge/earn for creating a vbookie event in the first place, ditto for Charity.

You still didn't answer my question.

If I wanted to set up a bet between Team A & Team B with 3:1 odds. I set the odds up in the vBookie but all I have to do in vBCredits is make a generic Bet & Payout event with 0 and it'll pay right?

In addition, default for the "Bet" event --> Affected Participant is Sending user. Shouldn't that be "Receiving User"?

Last edited:
Yes. once you set up the bet and payout events in vbcredits, use vbookie as normal and the currencies will move around as normal, and the transaction log records will get kept.

Ok I changed it back My bookie didn't report any errors I do have the payout and bet events created. I figured out the currency amount I think. but I don't get the affected participant setting can you elaborate just a bit. Is this why I don't have a transfer set up ?

Bets are working but only with the setting set to vbcredits the custom selection isn't showing any money to bet with in bookie . I do not know if the payouts are still working, find out later this week. :eek:

Bets are working but only with the setting set to vbcredits the custom selection isn't showing any money to bet with in bookie . I do not know if the payouts are still working, find out later this week. :eek:
Same, had to set it to vbcredits, NOT custom.

Did a test event and settled it - payouts worked fine.

Cheers,

Regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back