Status
Not open for further replies.

Geocodes

Customer
I understand that your vBActivity product supports promotions after a certain activity is reached. My question is, if the user becomes inactive and goes below their activity level will they be demoted? I find this feature very important to my forum. If you guys don't have this, is it possible to add it on? Thanks for reading.

It does not do this automatically, no.

However, the same Promotions system that can be used to set up a Promotion from Lower Usergroup A to Higher Usergroup B, can also be used to set up a "Promotion" from Higher Usergroup B to Lower Usergroup A if you simply set up a new criteria to reverse your previous one.

For instance, say you set up a Criteria "Points (Total) >= 500" for A to B, you can create a Criteria "Points (Total) < 500" from B to A. That means that the first time they dip below that amount of points (for instance, if they receive an Infraction and you kept the points removal configuration) they will be demoted.

In order to eliminate confusion, please note that the Activity Level criteria is not a fluid thing - your post made me unsure whether you thought it was. What I mean by that is, think of it like your character level in an MMO. You can reach Activity Level 10 regardless of if you post once a year or once an hour, it will just take quite a bit longer if you only post once a year.

There's currently no way to set up criteria for people who stay above a certain Daily / Weekly / Monthly activity %, which is what it sounds like you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back