Status
Not open for further replies.

DevinM

Customer
I just installed vbactivity pro and after entering achievements and setting point values I went to maintenance and to recalculate points.

Ive set the number to 1, 3, 5 even 10 all of which at somepoint errored out with the following:

Code:
Invalid SQL:

INSERT INTO dbtech_vbactivity_pointslog
				(userid, dateline, points, typeid, idfield)
			VALUES (
			);

MySQL Error   : User 'gridiron' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 75000)
Error Number  : 1226

I know what the "max questions" is but to get the number higher you have to pay. So.....is there anyway to get this process to run through its entirety? How can I run my recalculate points? Is there a trick to it?

If that's some form of daily limit then I doubt there is a way, if it's per script load then you can try lowering the users per page.

I would strongly recommend getting a new web host, in my 10 years on the internet I have never encountered a host with practices like these, and I've been on everything from hosts that cost $1 to our current three-digit cost server :p

Users per page? I think that's what I was trying. Is the default set to 50?

Damn. What a pain.

So I'm assuming I would need unlimited? At 75k even a small forum such as mine would never be able to recalculate points unless it was unlimited. Heck mine only ever gets to like 30-35.

btw thats an hourly limit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your best bet would be to either go unlimited or look for a better host, yeah.

great. I was just told if vbactivity is doing this after only 20-30 users its using far too much database wise. I am unsure of what to do, this is the only time ive had this problem.

They upped it to twice the limit 150K, and it got about 40-50 users further then bombed out. Is there anything I can do to optimise this process just to get through the point calculation? I cant believe everyone who uses this mod has unlimited sql queries.

Yeah they do, as I said above I have never in my entire e-life encountered another host that limits the amount of queries.

There's sadly no way to optimise this, because it inserts 1 record for every action taken, to make the statistics as complete as possible.

Tbh you'd be better off if you got a better host, as these sound like they're trying to nickel and dime you...

Just a note that i have also never heard of a host limiting the number of queries you can make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBActivity & Awards

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back