Status
Not open for further replies.

PSUser

Customer
Support,

We have a major problem with inefficiencies in the DBTech plugins. Specifically, the VbActivity plugin is crashing our site/DB every day when the "DragonByte Tech: vBActivity - Build Points Cache" scheduled task runs. The table it is locking is 7.5GB with 40.5 million rows. Whenever this task runs, it wipes out the entire site for upwards of 10 minutes.

Is it safe to disable this task, and if not, when/how can you possible provide support for larger sites such as ourselves?

Thank you,
Anthony

That cron job updates the "Activity Target" setting in the AdminCP - it's safe to disable it :)

The reason why it's so slow is because it's summing all points log entries limited by dateline, in order to ensure that the activity targets are matching the current activity levels of your forum.

That cron job updates the "Activity Target" setting in the AdminCP - it's safe to disable it :)

The reason why it's so slow is because it's summing all points log entries limited by dateline, in order to ensure that the activity targets are matching the current activity levels of your forum.

Have same problem - where and what I must disable?

regards

bosss

The "DragonByte Tech: vBActivity - Build Points Cache" scheduled task, in the Scheduled Task Manager.

Is it possible to clean up the DB table in any way to prevent the constant accumulation of millions of rows?

You can purge the table manually, although it may introduce unexpected and undesireable behaviour. You can also turn off Points for Days Registered in points settings to cut down on the number of rows inserted.

In my ~/tmp/mysql_slow_queries/ logs I have tons error logs just about rows - how adjust that?

regards

bosss

Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking. Slow queries should be reported to the developer of either vBulletin or the modification you're using, with the full information as it is shown in the log itself.

Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking. Slow queries should be reported to the developer of either vBulletin or the modification you're using, with the full information as it is shown in the log itself.

I mean something like this - but I am not sure if is it from your mod

# Query_time: 1.099764 Lock_time: 0.000094 Rows_sent: 0 Rows_examined: 1
use database_name;
SET timestamp=1365793884;
update `user` set lastactivity = '1365793883' where userid = '44'

and many like this above logs in same file ....

regards

bosss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBActivity & Awards

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating