• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChatterScene

Customer
What are these? I have three points things now. Vb activity, credits, and vbshop.

Which one will users use to spend on gifts and stuff?

Last edited:
Combine them all. Have them all read from the same credit system and then it all blends together seamlessly.

I also included Triple Triad & a third party mod called Gameroom on my site. They all use vBCredits - called HalBucks on my site - and people use the same pool for everything. And if they ever figure out how to incorporate vBArcade I'll include that, too.

What Edro said :) vBActivity is the only system that doesn't allow for points field changes, so you should change the others to read from "dbtech_vbactivity_points" :)

What Edro said :) vBActivity is the only system that doesn't allow for points field changes, so you should change the others to read from "dbtech_vbactivity_points" :)

So I put this in all the points fields? And it will use all of the points.
Will it have to seperate spots like on here? Where you guys have gil and credits?

TT and vBShop both have their own settings field to fill that out with.
vBCredits has a dropdown, I believe.

In the AdminCP -> DBTech vBShop -> Settings -> Points Settings -> Change enable points accumulation to No.

Points Name - Name it whatever you want.
Points Table - user
Points field - credits

The reason you turn off accumulation is that it's already accumulating from the vBCredits mod and if you leave this as yes then they'll accumulate double points.

In credits it says not to change credits or info will be lost so I am not sure if looking in right place to add "dbtech_vbactivity_points"

Ooh! Sorry, man! I totally missed the post about vBActivity not allowing you to change points. Ignore my posts. You'd need to change the Shop & Credits to match your Activity. So Activity will drive everything for you not like me where everything comes from Credits.

Try this. You will NOT lose any points because you won't be changing the database at all.

In the spot where it asks for the field, try either credits or points. If one works then you are fine. I actually went to my database directly and looked at the table & field to get my answers.

Click Add New Currency, you'll be able to import from vBA points I believe :)
If not, just manually type dbtech_vbactivity_points in the Column field.

Thanks that worked but I put in dbtech_vbactivity_points and lost nothing.
Thanks everyone for all of the help:)

One question how come this site has two spots credits and gil ... just wondering ..lol

Well, thanks for this thread. I uninstalled vbcredits and integrated vbshop with my vbactivity. And now all my points are updated, and my members can start using the shop. Thanks you very much ChatterScene!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back