Question Using HTML in Email with VBMail

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenDude

Customer
Maybe I didn't ask this in the right forum, but is there a way to use HTML in email with VBMail?

I ask because I've put together a nicely formatted newsletter outside of the vbulletin editor and I have the HTML code for all the formatting. However, if I copy/paste this into the body of a message with or without HTML tags the email that is produced is simply all the HTML code, the code isn't rendered.

Is there a way to allow VBMail to send out email in HTML format using whatever is entered into the editor?

vBMail does send its emails as HTML by default, so it should work if you don't use the WYSIWYG editor. If this is not the case for you, let me know and I'll look into it further :)

vbmailwithbaseeditor.png

vBMail does send its emails as HTML by default, so it should work if you don't use the WYSIWYG editor. If this is not the case for you, let me know and I'll look into it further :)

Is there a way to turn off the WYSIWYG editor just for the VBMail instance or do I need to go into my profile, turn it off for the whole forum, then go create an email with VBMail and copy/paste my HTML in and click send and see what happens?

(I just went and turned off wyiwyg in my profile, then went back to creating a new email in vbmail and captured the screen so you can see what I saw when I entered the HTML, I just clicked send and I'm waiting for the email to arrive to see what it looks like - attachment above shows you what I'm seeing)

Last edited:
Ok I've received the email and it sort of worked and sort of didn't work. Is there an email address I can send you both the HTML file and the resulting email so you can see what it is doing? If I had to guess I'd say it looks likes some things are not supported in the HTML and others are but I don't know why that would be. Feel free to PM me your email address or simply email me directly and I will reply.

There are issues with the code, but you should know that relative image paths are not supported. You need to use the full URL to any images you wish to include in your HTML email.

I'll post back when I have more information for you :)

Update: I should have a version update tonight that properly supports HTML, so long as the <!DOCTYPE code exists in the message body :)

Good to hear, I have updated the HTML for our newsletter to point to images stored on our server (instead of my local PC) and have just kicked off another email to myself. I will package up both that HTML and the resulting email so you can test, or do you just need the HTML? I will attach the latest HTML to this email.View attachment newsletter-planet9.zip

Last edited:
When I try to download the new version I get the following error:

Generating Download

Unable to read the source files to generate the download. Please contact an administrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBMail

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back