Status
Not open for further replies.

dollar1

Customer
Hi,
Since vBshop doesn't actually revert the usergroup back to normal after the time of the item expires i managed to manually add those users to paid subscription so that they have a expire date but for some reason vBulletin is not reverting users to the normal usergroup after their subscription/item expires. So i was wondering if there is a query to check if the users subscription has expired and move them to a usergroup.Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,
Since vBshop doesn't actually revert the usergroup back to normal after the time of the item expires i managed to manually add those users to paid subscription so that they have a expire date but for some reason vBulletin is not reverting users to the normal usergroup after their subscription/item expires. So i was wondering if there is a query to check if the users subscription has expired and move them to a usergroup.Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I've requested that the ability to sell paid subscriptions in the shop so we can remove usergroups after they expire. This was an awesome feature in the now dead vBCommerce. Hopefully they will implement it in vBShop.

It's something we'll definitely be looking into for future versions, but it does present quite a few logistical challenges that we'll need to overcome.

There's no query to revert the usergroups for the same reason vBShop can't revert them - there's no "usergroup before they bought the item" stored anywhere.

It's something we'll definitely be looking into for future versions, but it does present quite a few logistical challenges that we'll need to overcome.

There's no query to revert the usergroups for the same reason vBShop can't revert them - there's no "usergroup before they bought the item" stored anywhere.

I understand and i'm glad that you guys will be working on it and appreciate it but isn't there anything we can do such as just move them to a specific usergroup even though there is no usergroup before they bought the item actually stored anywhere?

Changing usergroups via a query isn't going to update their permissions, so it's not advisable. vB has specific code that it runs in order to update the permissions, that can't be run via a query.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShop

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back