Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirjonadda

Customer
Usergroup Permissions to view Hidden Content.User of this group will be allowed to bypass Hide Tags.Can Always See Hidden Content without click thanks/like Button.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Been "under consideration" for a years?!

I have another request on the same status. I hope this gets decided on soon, otherwise I'm not interested in buying another product from DBTech

I have another request on the same status. I hope this gets decided on soon, otherwise I'm not interested in buying another product from DBTech
With over 60 products, we don't always have the resources to jump on a feature request straight away, particularly if it requires a lot of work.

However, the more people voice their interest, the higher on the priority list it goes :)

A feature being under consideration means it hasn't been outright rejected for any reason. Generally features "under consideration" will be looked at when a new version of the modification is being produced. At that point features are ranked according to how many people express interest in them, the time they will take to create, and what percentage of users/owners are likely to find the feature useful/actually use it.

As such if there is a feature request only one person wants, that most boards won't use and will take a long time to create, there's a chance it will never get added because other, more useful features, get suggested in the interim and that feature keeps getting moved to the bottom of the list. The more popular a feature request is, the higher up on the list it will go.

The alternative would lead to unsatisfactory situations for all customers. As an example, if a mod has 200 feature requests and we do them in the order they are requested, but the first 5 feature requests all take 2 weeks each, that means in the first year or two, only 5 new features get added to the mod.

The way we do it now means we can get as many feature requests in as possible, and that popular requests lots of people want/will find useful definitely get added.

In v3.2.6, due to be released on Monday, this feature will be implemented.

There will be a global usergroup switch in vB's Usergroup Manager to exclude an entire usergroup from requirements to click all buttons (Lite), and a per-button usergroup exclusion feature (Pro).

Status
Not open for further replies.