Question URL's messed up for guests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vish Kumbha

Customer
I only recently started using this product and get this problem :

that ? in the end should not be there. These only show up when I browse the forum as a guest.

Could some one please show me how to get rid of this?

I am also using vboptimise if that makes any difference. Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
The question mark is followed by s= and then the session id. Posted in the above post but it wont show up for some reason. It is session ids I am talking about. I didint get these while using vbseo. Any way to get rid of this? Or should I not worry about them?

Wont search engines see this as duplicate content?

I am not receiving those URLs when I visit your forum as a guest. The session is added to the URLs no problem :)

To reproduce this you need to have cookies disabled in your browser. I dont get this on forums that still have vbseo. This forum is the first one I purchased your script for.

The problem is that Google bot is getting a new session ID in url every time it visits. Not all Google bots query with cookie enabled and that is the reason I need to get rid of session ids from urls.

There must be something that Vbseo guys did to remove them. It would be a great selling point for your script too.

Why would you disable cookies in your browser?

To be honest, I don't see this as a great selling point for our script, considering that this is the first time in 10+ years of working with forum scripts I have ever heard of anyone blanket disabling cookies in their browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back