Status
Not open for further replies.

beekay

Customer
I noticed the vb4 has the trending widget. Would it be possible to have something similar or atleast be able to have hash tag stats in the statistics for vbulletin 3 versions.

Thanks

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Considering vBulletin 3 doesn't have a sidebar function, replicating it directly isn't possible.

We'll take adding it somewhere else for vB3 and vB4 into consideration, though :)

You should, however, keep in mind that vB3 is rapidly approaching EOL (End Of Life) - I believe, but I'm not 100% certain, that when vB5 goes Gold, vB3 will no longer receive security updates.
You may wish to investigate upgrading to the new vB4/5 licence (the licence gets you not only all vB4 versions but also all vB5 versions, until vB6 is released) and upgrade to vBulletin 4 in order to maintain the security and integrity of your forum :)

Currently, vB4 is our main development platform. While we try to avoid this, technological differences between vB3 and vB4 sometimes make certain features vB4-only.

Considering vBulletin 3 doesn't have a sidebar function, replicating it directly isn't possible.

We'll take adding it somewhere else for vB3 and vB4 into consideration, though :)

You should, however, keep in mind that vB3 is rapidly approaching EOL (End Of Life) - I believe, but I'm not 100% certain, that when vB5 goes Gold, vB3 will no longer receive security updates.
You may wish to investigate upgrading to the new vB4/5 licence (the licence gets you not only all vB4 versions but also all vB5 versions, until vB6 is released) and upgrade to vBulletin 4 in order to maintain the security and integrity of your forum :)

Currently, vB4 is our main development platform. While we try to avoid this, technological differences between vB3 and vB4 sometimes make certain features vB4-only.

That's something to keep in mind, but considering the amount of big boards on the internet that still use vb3 I don't think this would be a wise business decision for them to make. Vb4 was a massive disappointment for many of us and I wouldn't be comfortable taking a live board to a newly released piece of software.

Thank you for taking this into consideration. I'm fully aware it wouldn't be available in a sidebar format but even just having it in the statistics page would be much appreciated. Thanks for your prompt replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back