Legacy Tagging StopWord List and Word Count

Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Stop Words Don't Work For Thread Tags

I have installed the new version of SEO and tried the automated thread tagging feature. It appears that the stop words don't work at all, so threads are tagged with words like "the" "then" "its" etc.. I have stop and tag words defined in two places - VBulletin Tagging options and DBSEO both. Neither do anything as it relates to thread tags.

2. So now, we have thread tags for every new thread that is created but they are not especially good we can't configure them. Are you planning on addressing this?

3. Are you planning to enable more features/customization on this, such as stopwords or keywords that are already entered for generating urls? WIll the ones utilized be the ones in SEO or the ones that are in VBulletin Thread Tagging options?

4. Also, is something coming that allows you to tag existing threads automatically? - like a batch job r something?

Finally, how much of a boost will you get from search engine results with this implemented across a forum (rough range)?

Last edited:
2. So now, we have thread tags for every new thread that is created but they are not especially good we can't configure them. Are you planning on addressing this?

4. Also, is something coming that allows you to tag existing threads automatically? - like a batch job r something?
Yes, I'll be adding maintenance options for rebuilding thread tags for all threads, and that option will remove stopwords.

3. Are you planning to enable more features/customization on this, such as stopwords or keywords that are already entered for generating urls? WIll the ones utilized be the ones in SEO or the ones that are in VBulletin Thread Tagging options?
We are already using /includes/stopwords.php as a list of "bad words", and we'll most likely be using the vBOption ones in a hook in that file to extend the existing code.

Finally, how much of a boost will you get from search engine results with this implemented across a forum (rough range)?
There is no way to measure this, so unfortunately I cannot say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back