Status
Not open for further replies.

xandyx

Customer
Hi, I thought i would tinker about whilst you do the serious work.

I like the layout I have done, hope they are useful to others, if anyone would like, I can post the altered style . All changes are using existing arcade styles excluding the centring of the tables.
Just one problem I have; I would be grateful if you could tell me what code I would use to call the match numbers in the headers please.

styletourn2.PNG

styletourn3.PNG

styletourn1.PNG

Last edited:
It looks nice, but too much padding I think. I have to deal with many games in up to 6 columns...

The match numbers are $match[matchid], however they are global and may not be in order or a straight series, so not sure what you are expecting :p

While we're on the topic - what do people think of the "vs."? I'm not sure its needed or not, and like i said, reclaiming the line for space reasons would be good.

It looks nice, but too much padding I think. I have to deal with many games in up to 6 columns...
This will accommodate 6 columns::

styletourn4.PNG

The match numbers are $match[matchid], however they are global and may not be in order or a straight series, so not sure what you are expecting :p
This doesn't print anything, but when looking, the matchid is an increment so it wouldn't be good for each tournament.

I may have to strip the header :(

what do people think of the "vs."?
I like It...

Yeah, thats what i meant on the match IDs; they werent meant for display.

Without the headers, the boxes kind of lose their charm :/

I could keep the headers empty, but they don't look that good without something in them,

Or this box shadow style

styletourn6.PNG

styletourn5.PNG

Last edited:
They look a little bit cumbersome IMHO and what happens when someone uses a laptop where their screen size is smaller?

Darkwaltz4 I thought 'vs.' was a nice touch or 'challenged'.. hmm maybe not! Whats the space save for? Just the X⁶ matches?

They look a little bit cumbersome IMHO and what happens when someone uses a laptop where their screen size is smaller?

I think Cumbersome is the wrong word, but if you don't like then thats fine, but what i'm trying to do is just tidy it up to go with my skins.

As always i will check screen resolutions

If anyone still uses them 800x600::

styletourn8.PNG

I know that Darkwaltz4 has allowed for 64 players but it very unlikely that i would use this amount of players in any one tournament.

Style ideas?
Post some so i can try them out :)

Last edited:
Well, for knockout tournaments theres currently up to 6 rounds possible, and even less rounds means the first column will be really tall.
For group tournaments, the combinations get up to 6 columns spread around evenly.

In either case, compressing the matches is essential. Name and score need their own lines, because usernames are unpredictable. I was on the fence on the "vs." because it removes a tiny bit of ambiguity (if padding isnt enough) but brings the lines used per match to 5 instead of 4 (username, score, vs, username, score). :p

So ultimately, while I like what you've done, I will just leave this as inspiration for others, because it isnt general enough to change what is there now.

Status
Not open for further replies.