Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieDelta

Customer
I have a notification (Thanks/Like) that is stuck on. No matter what I do it will not turn off. When I click on it it does redirect me to my profile.
I have checked the settings and it is not on permanently. When I check " Do not receive notifications" it does go away but when I enable it it appears again.
I have rebuild the cache. I have re installed the mod.

Is there something else I can try?

I'm not sure if it's something similar or the same thing, but I think I had something similar too (here, but can't remember when).
On my profile I see for example this:

10th September 2011

23:33 - Valcav clicked Thanks for this post: Roll dice by Fillip H.
20:00 - Valcav clicked Thanks for this post: Click: Like this post - points, credits go to zero in postbit by Darkwaltz4
13:59 - Mokonzi clicked Thanks for this post: Click: Like this post - points, credits go to zero in postbit by Valcav

So, I clicked on all topics that are showing there,
and after that it wasn't showing anymore (that notification)...

(Just trying to help, I hope this helps for you too)

I'm not sure if it's something similar or the same thing, but I think I had something similar too (here, but can't remember when).
On my profile I see for example this:

So, I clicked on all topics that are showing there,
and after that it wasn't showing anymore (that notification)...

(Just trying to help, I hope this helps for you too)

Try what Valcav said and let me know if that works
Thanks guys. I did try this but sadly did not work. :(

Could be, but I can not reproduce the issue on my test site, so I do not know the cause of it, and this is the first report that I can remember seeing on this issue.

If it does come back report it here and I will look into it further.

So Valcav just registered on my site and Liked one of my posts. The notification is once again stuck. :confused: The only way to get rid of it is click the (X). Is this by design, as I never had to do that in the past?

No it is not by design, are you sure you have permanent notifications un ticked in your user cp?

Could you pm me a admin account, and a test user account so I can test it out on your site, and try to figure out the cause, and maybe ftp info to if I need to load files.

I'm sorry to say, but I think it's the same as I had...
There is probably 1 like that you haven't seen... (at least that is how it solved mine...)

And not sure if this could have to do with anything of it:
The link of the Notification goes to site/vbnotifs.php?do=click&typeid=dbtech_thanks_alertcount (I don't know why it's showing "alertco unt" in the link instead of "alertcount"...)
That link results in site/member.php?234-Valcav&tab=thanks (which actually shows the "Visitors Messages" tab)
While the actually "Thanks" tab is: site/member.php?234-Valcav&tab=thanks#thanks

Last edited:
Sure will do that. On a side note all other notifications release as they should. I just got a quote notification and it worked as it should.

Sorry to say,
But I think it's the same as I had...

There is probably 1 like that you haven't seen...
(at least that is how it solved mine...)

The link of the Notification goes to site/vbnotifs.php?do=click&typeid=dbtech_thanks_alertcount
That link results in site/member.php?234-Valcav&tab=thanks (which actually shows the "Visitors Messages" tab)
While the actually "Thanks" tab is: site/member.php?234-Valcav&tab=thanks#thanks

No as soon as you go to your user profile and look at the Post Thanks/Likes tab it should dismiss the notification, you do not need to view the thread in which it was posted.

Sorry to say,
But I think it's the same as I had...

There is probably 1 like that you haven't seen...
(at least that is how it solved mine...)

The link of the Notification goes to site/vbnotifs.php?do=click&typeid=dbtech_thanks_alertcount (I don't know why it's showing "alertco unt" in the link instead of "alertcount"...)

Thanks Valcav!! That seemed to work. I went through the whole history and clicked on every like/thanks I had and it finally released.
Now the redirects/URLS you found how would I go about rectifying that?

Well that is really strange, it should not happen again as you have now seen them all, Thanks Valcav for the post.!!

Well that is really strange, it should not happen again as you have now seen them all, Thanks Valcav for the post.!!

No problem mate.
I'm just a little bit confused now :p
Btw, do you know an answer on how about those redirect/urls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBNotifications

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back