Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbed

Customer
After upgrading to the latest version, we have some spacing between each line someone types.

e1evsx.png

As you can see here on this forum, this does not happen in every skin. Can you try it on a default (unmodified) skin?

It was working fine until I upgraded last night.

It's doing it in all styles, I hardly have any customization in my styles. I've trying disabling plugins, creating new instance with no change.

It will be a style issue, I believe the HTML changed a bit with v6.1.

Other plugins shouldn't affect it, the only thing I can think of would be to try a default skin like I suggested.

I've tried on a default style and same thing, Just reuploaded all the files.

Could it be a shoutbox setting. We just use the basic shoutbox and have everything disabled. no small avatar, no notifications etc.

Can you please ensure you've ran CHMOD on /forums/dbtech/vbshout/aop as your forum appears to be unable to write to that directory, which is causing performance issues for you.

Thanks, Done...I thought I did that a while back. might of been since a server move.

Other thing I noticed when I enabled guest and let guest shout, it doesn't show the window to type.

Also, I just enabled detached and it has no spacing

Also tried adding my instance to different templates on the forums and it works so it must be something with my forum home.

Last edited:
So i started disabling pluggins and it was conflicting with my wallpaper gallery sofwtare. I'm not sure why yet since it doesn't have anything on forumhome.

Filip, thanks for your help. at least i should see some permformance increases now that aop folder is fixed.

I don't know why it was causing the issue but I narrowed it down to a plugin in my wallpaper software, it was highslide css which is weird because I don't even have highslide enabled. I disabled this and it displays correcty now.

Thanks again

Last edited:
Other thing I noticed when I enabled guest and let guest shout, it doesn't show the window to type.
That's correct, guest shouting isn't supported at this time.

I don't know why it was causing the issue but I narrowed it down to a plugin in my wallpaper software, it was highslide css which is weird because I don't even have highslide enabled. I disabled this and it displays correcty now.
It's probable that this wallpaper software added some extra CSS that increased the spacing between certain CSS classes (maybe "alt1" and "alt2").

I was going to check, but that's when I noticed the AOP folder wasn't configured correctly which meant I couldn't inspect the HTML as it would re-generate every 5 seconds instead of every 60 seconds (or every new shout detected) :p

Glad you got it fixed :)

To verify the folder is fixed, you should refresh it in your FTP - if everything is fine, you should see a bunch of .txt files in there :)

I see files now, thanks.

It's an older wallpaper gallery so i'm hoping to use dragonbyte gallery some day. I made some feature suggestions that would make it work with wallpapers so will see if it will work out as a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back