Status
Not open for further replies.

DxtGaming

Customer
While we past month we had to disable this mod because when cron action ( I think that it is the cause) were starting around 12:10 the site was inaccessible for everyone

How could we fix it? We tried to disable "Activity Feed" but without success

Did we discuss this somewhere before?

Yes in chat box really quick

I just turned it on again like 5 minutes ago and you can see that the site is being inacessible

Request Timeout

This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'.

Okay the site is back
Can you remember me where I can disable the cron action?
I saw it somewhere but I can't remember :(

Okay it is disabled I will soon be back with the feed back :)

I think it require too many ressource for all members :(
Threads 29,141 Posts 257,455 Members 148,523 Active Members 39,697

Our site is one amongst four on this server, and one of them has 1/5 the amount of members you do; nobody has ever reported any form of slow-down.

What I'm saying is, your server may be under-powered for the amount of members you have.

I have just talked with the owner and the server is okay but we are constantly getting hit by attack :( but I don't think that you can help us with it which it cause laag when cron start :(:(

Saying the server is ok does not mean to much, what are the specs of the hosting plan?

Those plans look overpriced to me, and I think some of your issue may be related to ram, you only have 4gb, and maybe cpu cores, you only have 2

Here is what my server is:

CPU Xeon X3450
8x 2.67 Ghz cores
Memory 12GB DDR3 RAM
HDD1 1TB SATA-II
HDD2 1TB SATA-II
Operating System CentOS 5.x - 64bit
Control Panel CPanel/WHM w/Fantastico
IP Addresses 8 IP Addresses
Bandwidth 3250 Gigs Transfer

$259.00 a month

As you can see, it is $126.00 cheaper, and has 6 more cpu cores, 8gb more ram, and the hdd are 1tb each versus 500gb

Any server that is running ConfigServer Security & Firewall will protect against attacks

We are currently paying for DDOS protection but they keep saying attack are bigger than what we pay for :(

Companies that promise DDOS protection are gimmicks - there isn't something that can be done to "protect" from DDOS - it's a traffic overload. The only way to "prevent" it is to have a server capable of handling that amount of traffic. Companies that promise protection are basically just trying to con people out of their money - as you have found out =P

This seems to have been resolved, the site upgraded it's processors and ram, and now does not look to slow down when cron start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBActivity & Awards

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back