Legacy Sidebar statistics can be a little confusing as they change in reference to the page

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzcomputers

Customer
I thought the changing statistics were a little confusing. The statistics were changing but the sidebar was not very informative as to why.

Adding this to the top of the sidebar code has already gotten a couple positive feedbacks on my site in the last 48 hours.

Code:
<div align="center" style="font-weight:bold">
<vb:if condition="!$_REQUEST['categoryid']">Downloads<vb:else />{vb:raw pagetitle}<br />Downloads</vb:if>
</div>

Edit: Question/Request - Is there a specific reason why the downloads sidebar doesn't use the same CSS as far as color/background/gradients etc. as the built in vb sidebar? Seems like it would probably make the overall look of the mod more cohesive with the rest of the site. Possibly add this as an option?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I thought the changing statistics were a little confusing. The statistics were changing but the sidebar was not very informative as to why.

Adding this to the top of the sidebar code has already gotten a couple positive feedbacks on my site in the last 48 hours.

Code:
<div align="center" style="font-weight:bold">
<vb:if condition="!$_REQUEST['categoryid']">Downloads<vb:else />{vb:raw pagetitle}<br />Downloads</vb:if>
</div>
This is the first time we've received any negative feedback regarding the persistent changing sidebar, I'll look into adding something similar to the top of the blocks to indicate what view the user is getting statistics for :)

Edit: Question/Request - Is there a specific reason why the downloads sidebar doesn't use the same CSS as far as color/background/gradients etc. as the built in vb sidebar? Seems like it would probably make the overall look of the mod more cohesive with the rest of the site. Possibly add this as an option?
This is because we need to maintain backwards compatibility. The sidebar CSS has changed multiple times over the history of vBulletin 4, so any hope we had of maintaining compatibility across versions has been crushed pretty effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back