Status
Not open for further replies.

Hummie

Customer
1. In the credits thread you indicated I can set up shop to sell access to a special forum, with an item that expires after a month. How do I set up Item to do so? I do not see any settings.

2. How do I change the currency settings to read the vbCredits? I made a new vbCredit currency called Loyalty Points. I changed the column to dbtech_vbcredits_points. Do I change the Points Table to something other than "user?"

3. Also, how do a change the labels on the navigation bar? Instead of transactions, I'd like it to say "Loyalty Points" and instead of vBShop, something else as they would not know what vBShop is.

4. I changed my shop currency to also read Loyalty Points. I see that is listed under "wallet." (but is not showing the credit points yet). What is the difference between that and "bank." Do I need a bank or will that confuse people?

1. When you go to create a new item in the Item Management screen, use the "Forum Access" item type.

2. The column should be credits, not dbtech_vbcredits_points. I'm surprised your forum still works after making that change.

3. I've answered this in your other thread :)

4. Users can place their points in the bank and receive interest on their points. You don't need to do anything else to set this up, although the vBOptions for this mod will let you control interest rates and interest collection methods.

2. The column should be credits, not dbtech_vbcredits_points. I'm surprised your forum still works after making that change.

vbShop/Manage Currency/ - changed column to "credits" -- points table still says "user"

Refreshed cache. Made a post.
vbshop.php still shows loyalty points under "wallet" as "zero"

In settings, I did check "no" for "You can use this as a global switch to turn off all vBShop points accumulation, if you have integrated your currencies with other points mods like vBCredits II Deluxe." because I want points to only accumulate from credits and not the shop. I realize I have not installed "deluxe" so this many not work in the lite version.

Turned that setting back to "yes," repaired cache. Still says zero.

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

Setting up and sending it your way soon.

I'm sorry I feel so inadequate. I'm sure it is easy to do, but I am unfamiliar and learning.

Of course, I've purchased some of your other products and am willing to purchase a product for your time and work, but I like to see it is able to do what I want it to do before I buy.

1. When you go to create a new item in the Item Management screen, use the "Forum Access" item type.

This is too late as you have access to admin of forum, but wanted to mention that there is no "Forum Access" option in the item type.
I just now had time to look at this point.

I think we have miss-communication sometimes. I did post this in the "lite" support section, so I thought you understood I was using lite.

Are you still going to access the admin to fix it so the credits and the shop work together?

It seems I've been working on trying to set this up for weeks.

This is my last ditch attempt to save my forum and encourage activity and this seems so hard I'm ready to throw in the towel on it all.

Please understand that with 30 products to support it's hard for me to remember the full feature lists of every single one of them.

Update: I've assigned both vBCredits and vBShop to use user / credits as their currency values. vBShop and vBCredits will now be kept in sync.

Thanks. I am guessing the Shop was correct and the Credits was not. I did not realize I had to check both.

I apologize for my curtness as I've been trying to be patient, but I'm feeling stressed and it came out.

If you have a few minutes, we would appreciate it if you would create a review in our new review system.

Not only do we get invaluable feedback on our products, you also get $1 in free DBTech points to go towards your next purchase for every approved review you write.

When entering a review there is also a field to enter a link to your site so it's win-win. Points to get a DBTech product at a lower price and free advertising!

If you wonder what kind of review we are looking for, Cosmic created what he thinks is a good sample here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShop

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back