Question Set Default Value for Category

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectra20

Customer
When creating a new thread with a Form assigned, I would like the Category to be 'Request Quote' (Or any value I choose). Currently it only displays "Select Category" and the user has to use the drop down to select the only option available.

I read in this thread that the default category option has been added but I'm not seeing it.

I just upgraded to the latest version today. The Product Version data validation type doesn't seem to allow PL1 but I am on 2.2.1 PL1.

Any advise or new setting I am missing?

You need to select the default category in the Forum Manager in vBulletin. Edit the forum and set the category there, then when they click to post a new thread, the default category will be selected.

This has been baked into the other option you see there, "Replace First Post", IIRC. I believe it will also remove the title field, and generate a title based on the category they chose.

As this ticket has received no further replies, I'll close it. If you have any further issues or queries, please feel free to start a new support ticket. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte vBForms

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back