Remal

Customer
hi guys .. i wanted to post this idea to vbulletin directly but i dont seem to have access to their jira system

as you see the forum genre is getting weaker , users are moving away from the forums to social media and websites .
i had this idea for a while , but i dont know if it could be done as a plugin or a complete rework for vbulletin files
the idea i had by watching Microsoft's new site ( pulse.me ) and mashable.com
and the general idea is showing users and visitors the content from the home page
not getting into forums and subforums to reach the content

and to do so is transforming the forumhome ( index ) from the regular rows and columns in to two sections

( forum list / thread area )

the forum list will act as a fast way for navigation
when the user click on a certain title that will be a ( main forum) it will collapse to show its (sub-forums )
and if there is any topics in the main forum or not , it will show all the threads that contains main forum and subforums

thread area ( is where the threads change shapes depend on users preference ) to ( thread squares OR thread list )

- thread squares :
is new way to show topics , instead of the regular thread list ..
the thread squares will be shown as
thumbnail "fetched from the topic "
and thread info " writer's username , date of creation , reply number , view number , forum name if it is shown on main forum only "
- extra square fields for ads/monitization ( for certain number of squares 1 square is reserved for ads )
- when a user clicks on the thread squares the topic will pop-up ( similar to google image ) instead of going to new page , thus makes users forum list untouched
- the squares could be manipulated by size ( big , small ) and it could be changed as thread list " just like it is now in forumdisplay "

- other extra features like user preference of topics and forums
so if the user like sport/ games / news it will show just that
and the rest of the forum list will be hidden

and topics keep loading without ending , so there will be no pagination or page numbers to click on ..
similar to mashable

this idea could be managed by jquery or a complete reworks of php and templates
though i dont have the skills or time to do it myself

anyone in DB-tech development team is interested in this mod ?
i would add more ideas to improve the project if anyone is interested

i have found a way to do this by jquery , buy implementing it with php and producing it as a plugin is kind of hard for me
anyone with jquery experience interested in this idea ?

Back