Question Registration validation

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, XenForo's email verification system will prevent emails from being sent to that user if the user does not verify their email.

The email validation system in this add-on is designed to ensure that old, unchanged email addresses are still valid. Amazon SES and other mail service providers recommend re-validating emails every 6 months, so that's what this add-on does.

For the record, this was communicated to you multiple times via email prior to purchase.

Seems I misunderstood unfortunately then, i though post-registration it'll be validated :(

So, can't it be no way integrated anyway, anyhow ?? As it was my sole purpose to validate the email to reduce AWS bounce warning .

You do not have to worry about too many bounces being created by registration. That is such a small amount of email compared to a mailing list that it won't even register on their system.

The purpose of the validation feature is, as I mentioned, "cleaning" your email list prior to sending out a mass email such as a mailing list or a digest.

2020-07-06_190536.png

See, it's not even 5 days , and this much bounce rate :( That's why i was seeking for bouncing solution during registration .

0.53% is incredibly low, I fail to understand why you are making that out to be a problem.

I'm very new to AWS , it's my first attempt actually . I don't wanna get banned/account disabled there just for the bounce rate increase

Hello @BMajumdar,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Mail has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Hey,
But I'm facing another problem,
many of my site user's account are becoming to status "Email Invalid (Bounce)" where they used actual valid Gmail ID during registration and also confirmed the email confirmation link.

Their accounts are getting in invalid state, so I got their query through email where they stated their issue, then I checked and found they're using same gmail ID , but it's invalid bounced .

Why it's happening ?

Did you turn on the automated email validation without having port 25 open on your server?

If not, check the bounce log.

Hi,
through I contacted earlier where they confirmed it, again I contacted now & they confirmed that the port 25 is opened by default for all their servers including what my domain is hosted on .

2020-07-16_205934.png

Ok, I further contacted and seems I'm damned now.

My hosting has port 25 opened only for incoming connection, not for outgoing connection :( :( :(

Hello @BMajumdar,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Mail has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Mail

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating