cykelmyggen

Customer
I'm considering the Vboptimise, Vbshout, Vbactivity bundle and I have a couple of questions:

Does the Vbactivity come with some predefined basic settings for achievements, medals and so on as a help for newbies - similar to the different level-files provided with vbexperience plugin - or do you have to build the whole thing up from scratch?

Does Vbactivity come with the icons for different achievements, trophys simliar to those seen on this forum?

You are able to purchase icon packs for your vB activity but those who purchase vba get a freeby pack which contains a very small amount of "starter" images found in the premium pack. We recomend purchasing one of the packs if you want a good selection to start with, or you can always design your own should you choose too. as for the pre-defined achievements if you speak to Cosmic or Fillip H. they will provide you with the import for DBtechs set-up, although im pretty sure its alreadfy included in the vBa pack (Cosmic will correct me if i'm wrong).

Hope that helps.

I'm considering the Vboptimise, Vbshout, Vbactivity bundle and I have a couple of questions:

Does the Vbactivity come with some predefined basic settings for achievements, medals and so on as a help for newbies - similar to the different level-files provided with vbexperience plugin - or do you have to build the whole thing up from scratch?

Does Vbactivity come with the icons for different achievements, trophys simliar to those seen on this forum?

The mod coms preconfigured with the achievements you see here on DBTech, and of course you can add your own.
There is a selection of icons available for free here: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/threads/106-Free-Image-Pack!?p=468#post468
There are also a few icon packs available for purchase here: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/vbecommerce.php?do=purchase&act=product&id=3&addons=1

Each paid pack contains about 250images total, consisting of about 20 different images and all of them in about 12-15 different colours for variety.

Hope that answers your questions =)

Hi. I've just downloaded and installed vbActivity, got to say it's really neat!
I run a small forum of a few hundred people, very specialized interest group and this tool has already increased posting activity - but meaningful and quality, not just post for post count sake.

Questions
  • I was about to purchase your vbShout, Optimize and Activity pack last night and it was listed at $179. But checking this morning it is $249. Was there a price increase recently or did I miss out on a limited offer?
  • Is there a way I can have vbActivity count all previous forum activity rather than from installation of the tool?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi. I've just downloaded and installed vbActivity, got to say it's really neat!
I run a small forum of a few hundred people, very specialized interest group and this tool has already increased posting activity - but meaningful and quality, not just post for post count sake.

Questions
  • I was about to purchase your vbShout, Optimize and Activity pack last night and it was listed at $179. But checking this morning it is $249. Was there a price increase recently or did I miss out on a limited offer?
  • Is there a way I can have vbActivity count all previous forum activity rather than from installation of the tool?

Thanks.

There was a price increase of vBOptimise (Announced via email last week - we always give at least 5 days notice of any price increases) which obviously affects the bundle prices as well.

IIRC vBActivity will count all the previous actions if you hit the recount button in the ACP - bear in mind that if you're using set auto targets your first month will be a little screwy because of this (it thinks all the points were accumulated on one day =P) Fillip H. should be able to give more exact instructions if you're struggling to find the right option =)

The exact directions to re-calculate the points is DBTech - vBActivity header -> Maintenance -> Recalculate Points :)
Like Cosmic said, this will make the first month's target kinda screwy, but it will correct itself automatically over time :)

The exact directions to re-calculate the points is DBTech - vBActivity header -> Maintenance -> Recalculate Points :)
Like Cosmic said, this will make the first month's target kinda screwy, but it will correct itself automatically over time :)

I am only using the Lite version at the moment v1.1.1. I am not able to locate the Maintenance section. Is that correct?

I am running vB 4.0.3 Uninstalled and reinstalled the plug in and I still do not have a maintenance tab.

capturego.png

You are not looking in the correct section. I am referring to the left side navigation in your AdminCP, not vBulletin Options.

You are not looking in the correct section. I am referring to the left side navigation in your AdminCP, not vBulletin Options.

I do not have that option within the ACP. After installing I was assuming an additional tab would appear, but not for me. I am at a loss...

I will disable all plug ins and reinstall DB Activity again to see if fixes.

I don't know of another way to explain what the left side menu is, sorry :(

You'll see it eventually though :)

It's ok I know it can be frustrating doing 'tech' support for free products and this problem seems to be user related not application.

This is my ACP menu;

capture2e.png

Did you upload the files correctly? Specifically, /includes/xml/cpnav_vbactivity.xml - that's the file that controls the AdminCP navigation.

Yes I did, and have again to make sure. No change to the ACP.

I'm going to drink beer, it may provide a solution... not THE solution but one none the less.

This is a long shot but it may work; can you enter the Administrator Permissions section (where you go to give other admins their perms) and give yourself the Can Administer vBActivity permission?

This is a long shot but it may work; can you enter the Administrator Permissions section (where you go to give other admins their perms) and give yourself the Can Administer vBActivity permission?

You sir (as we say here in Australia) are a bloody legend!

Thank you, that worked.

Cool :D
You can edit config.php to give yourself the Super Admin permission to prevent this from happening again :)

Back