Status
Not open for further replies.

furnival

Customer
The quick version of my question is this: I had some forums enabled for this. They were forums for moderators only. My problem is that even after I disabled those forums in the settings, users still have a list of people who quoted them in those moderators' forums next to the word "Hidden", e.g. "user1 quoted user2 in Hidden" and this appears on user2's profile under the quotes tab. Is there any way to rebuild the quote history or to hide these lines completely please?

Long version:
I have a forum set up for moderators to discuss posts which get reported. Anyone can report posts, and when they do I have another mod which creates a post in this moderators' forum. Ordinary forum users do not have access to this forum and I do not want them to be able to see who has reported their posts. Unfortunately this set up creates an entry in their profiles where they can see who has reported their post (as a quote)! This is causing major political fallout on my board as members hate having their posts reported. Is there any way to hide those rows where the quoted user does not have access to the forum where they are quoted, please?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is not a bug, it's working as intended.

I will change this to a Feature Request so we can take it into consideration for future versions, but it is unlikely we will completely hide the line as this introduces a gigantic performance drain that customers with large forums will not appreciate.

The most likely outcome is that the entire line is replaced with "Hidden" or "Deleted" :)

The most likely outcome is that the entire line is replaced with "Hidden" or "Deleted" :)

That would be better, thank you. Even better would be if the lines were enclosed in <span> elements that had style="display:none;" or line-height:1px; something like that but from what you said it sounds like the situation might be more complex than simply hiding the lines through CSS. Anyway thank you the feature would be very welcome in any case.

Last edited:
We could use that CSS as well, but it would create an un-even amount of entries per page. I might add it as an option, though :)

We could use that CSS as well, but it would create an un-even amount of entries per page. I might add it as an option, though :)

Sorry for the late reply. Yes that's true. Actually I had an experience with VBSEO making pages do never-ending reloads when the number of posts in a forum thread page was different to the expected number (due to me hiding some posts completely through CSS in a custom mod). Once I changed the code to not hide the posts completely but just make them a few px high the problem with VBSEO was resolved. I'm not sure that's relevant here but I thought I should mention it just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back