Legacy Problem translating some phrases to plural

Status
Not open for further replies.

lettebasse

Customer
Hello,

I am having some problems finding the correct phrases to translate.

For example there is the below postbit THANK / LIKE / DISLIKE button bar, when someone clicks LIKE above shows "X liked this post" but when I want to translate that into Spanish for more than one person liking the post, the same phrase is used, but in Spanish it should be in plural.

Phrase in question: $vbphrase[dbtech_thanks_button_likes_listtext]

If two or more users like/dislike/thank a thread while using the board in spanish, the phrase is shown as singular, but it should be plural. The problem is that the default phrases dont contemplate this idiomatic problem.

Is there something I am missing?
Thanks

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Unfortunately singular/plural differentials are not implemented in the phrasing system, sorry :(

Thanks for the reply. I'll guess I'll have to manual edit the add-ons and so with each update :(

Is it being considered for any future release? Not being able to translate is a big problem for our users and our image.

Kind Regards,
J

Does Spanish not have a way to indicate unknown quantity, like "X Like(s) Received" in English?

Not really, Spanish language uses more words and ways of telling information than English.

Same deal with phrase "dbtech_thanks_x_thanked". If there were two phrases, one when there is only one user thanking, liking o disliking a post, and another phrase for more than one user doing it including {1} if necessary, it would be simple, that's the way vBulletin phrases work and it's easy to translate without touching the XML's or templates.

just my 2 cents
cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back