IcEWoLF

Customer
Since day one I decided to stuck out with vBulletin, but as of late I've gotten the chance to check out IPS 3.4 and the product looks so much more nicer and polished than vB 4.2 right now.
I've been thinking about making the move, however there are some down sides to it...

1. No DBTech products for IPS.
2. Possible poor performance on large boards.
3. SEO I am not sold on.
4. New software, need to re-learn everything from 0.

Yeah loosing the DBT products is a bummer. I am sure they have mods for IPB but I have not looked at it in years ad don't know how well they are supported.

Last time I looked (been a couple years), their mods were crazy expensive and also weren't all that many (in comparison to vB). Could of course be different now, no idea. But the level of free mods and what the paid ones cost at that time, completely pushed me away from it.

It is more expensive, but it feels like the product is much better at this stage, where vB5 leaves lots to be desired, it feels like they are trying to copy social media type website...I am not feeling it at this stage.

It would be a huge $$$$ hit since I spent well over $500 on mods and customization's and let alone custom design...

Back