Bug Pin color & geolocation not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

two dogs

Customer
Hi,

After wondering why the Pin Color by Usergroup option didn't seem to be working, I see in the jQuery code that it doesn't seem to be used, possibly due to changes in the Google Maps API? Unless it can be made to have some effect, perhaps that option should be removed from the control panel and documentation?

Also, after wondering why the Member Map Geolocation scheduled task didn't seem to be doing anything, I determined that geoip_locate.php uses an API that has been shut down (https://geoip.nekudo.com).

I've got it working with the suggested replacement (http://api.ipapi.com, although it requires that an API access key is obtained), after also changing this line of code:

$coords = array($result['location']['latitude'], $result['location']['longitude']);

to this:

$coords = array($result['latitude'], $result['longitude']);

Cheers,
Julian

There’s no plans to update the vB version of member maps at this time.

The XenForo 2.1 version of this mod works well, though :)

Thanks for your response, Fillip.

While it may work well for XenForo users, that really doesn't help vBulletin users, some of whom may, like me, have paid for a branding free version, only to find that it doesn't work as advertised.

I'm quite disappointed that you've ignored my suggestions as to how to make it work.

May I suggest, given that it doesn't work as advertised, without hacking, that you remove it from your portfolio?

Cheers,
Julian

As it is a free mod, and the mod continues to work fine if you install the geoip PECL extension in PHP (which is recommended over using a webservice), I see no reason to remove it from our portfolio at this time.

Sorry, it's not a "free mod" if one pays ~US$30 for a branding free version!

And if it continues to work fine if one installs the geoip PECL extension in PHP, could you please update the Readme.txt in the ZIP file, so that others less computer literate than myself may have some idea as to the requirements to get the mod to work?

Cheers,
Julian

Sorry, it's not a "free mod" if one pays ~US$30 for a branding free version!
Respectfully, I disagree. By your logic, games like League of Legends, Warframe, Fortnite etc are not "free-to-play" because they have optional microtransactions. Just like it is not required to purchase microtransactions to play those games, it is not required to buy the branding free add-on in order to use this mod (or any other mod we offer at no cost).

Hello @two dogs,

We hope your ticket regarding Member Map has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Member Map

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating