Bug Page not found - posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

xenigma

Customer
This suddenly appeared yesterday when clicking on links to posts (not threads):

Page not found

Disabling DBSEO fixes this. Changes since it last worked properly: I was moved to a new server yesterday.

Last edited:
You will need to make sure the .htaccess edits are still valid - maybe your new server doesn't read from .htaccess files?

Also, check the settings to make sure the database was ported correctly.

Not sure that I understand. The posts are physically there it's just that if I click on the post number at top right this results in a white page containing "Page not found". Similarly, if I click on a link inside someone's post where they have linked to a specific post somewhere else on the forum I also see "Page not found" when attempting to view that post. I have a widget on forum home showing new posts and clicking on these will also produce "page not found". Everything else seems fine, it's just the post links that don't work. Links from Google to my threads open correctly.

DBSEO redirect rules are in the /forum directory as before the move.

Last edited:
Can you please go to the DBSEO CP and check the rewrite rules for posts to make sure they are the same as the rewrite rules your old posts uses?

okay, which setting am I looking for?

"Thread go to post URL"?

My installation was a vbseo import so I assume that DBSEO just took the rules I had with VBSEO and that these are now visible in the "custom" fields beneath each list of possible url types. I can't remember what they were exactly when I used VBSEO. In any case, everything has worked perfectly with DBSEO until I was moved to a new server. Jus as a test, I selected a different setting in "Thread go to post URL" and that also resulted in "Page not found".

Last edited:
Yeah, that should be the setting for the permalinks like the ones here @ this site. Hmm...

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

Update: The problem was that the rewrite rules in /forum/.htaccess file had been altered. Fixing the last line from wiki_index.php to dbseo.php fixed the issue.

Ah, just noticed that vaultwiki now doesn't work. Clicking on my Wiki tab in the navbar and on internal Wiki links result in 404 page not found. Reverting your edit fixes that problem of course but that means that the other problem in post #6 above exists.

I have disabled my vaultwiki for now but it would be great if you could have another look into post #6. Your help is, as ever, greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Have you tried applying the VaultWiki htaccess edits above the DBSEO htaccess entries?

I have never used VW so I cannot offer any further assistance unfortunately, the VW support team will be able to advise you further on this.

I was checking that earlier actually. Instead of dbseo.php or vbseo.php (as in the example below), vaultwiki requires wiki_index.php in that position. However, in that configuration, my wiki works but post links as described in post #6 don't work.

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !dbseourl=
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|dbseocp/|modcp/|cron|mobiquo|forumrunner|api\.php|reviewpost/|classifieds/|photopost/|wiki|yui)
RewriteRule ^(.*\.php)$ dbseo.php?dbseourl=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !/(admincp|dbseocp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images|reviewpost|classifieds|photopost)/
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ dbseo.php [L,QSA]

Moving the rules to the top of htaccess didn't result in any changes.

Last edited:
Then that's something you'll have to take up with the VW developers, unless they are able to highlight any specific issues or changes I can make to add compatibility, this is on them to provide a working set of rewrite rules.

Just a quick follow-up. The vaultwiki developer let me know that an environment variable expected by DBSEO was not being updated by VaultWiki when passing requests to dbseo.php. This issue has been fixed in the next version of vaultwiki.

Hello xenigma,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Not A Bug.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings