Status
Not open for further replies.

blinkster

Customer
Ok i bought this other day and it looks great and appears to work ok other than it won't auto confirm which means they don't auto move groups. I have it setup to

My main concern is not the group but its not auto confirming even though i get confirmation from paypal in one case hours earlier before i noticed. Maybe i am missing something in settings somewhere but unsure.

Could be any number of reasons for that happening.

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorized user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

No luck yet, a bit later today Fillip H. will look into it as he is the one who wrote the auto confirmer, only thing I can think of is paypal not pinging back to your site for some odd reason. So leave the admin account and ftp open so he can take a look at it.

Ok while we wait for Fillip H. to take a look can you check the following:

Check this: Paypal IPN settings you would have to go here on your PayPal account: My account tab > Profile > My setting tools > Instant payment notifications (Middle of the list) > Update. Make sure it is enabled and it is pointing to your sites url.

If it is already set up correctly, then check out, your server's access logs and see if it is actually trying to access your site, should look something like this, 173.0.81.1 - - [28/Aug/2012:21:29:57 +0100] "POST /vbdonate_gateway.php HTTP/1.0" 200 - "-" "-", and then check your sites error log and see if you see something like this, [Tue Aug 28 21:29:57 2012] [error] [client 173.0.81.1] client denied by server configuration:

Well that did not appear to work, now cay you check the second think on the list.

found this in logs

173.0.82.126 - - [30/Dec/2012:14:56:52 +0100] "POST /forums/vbdonate_gateway.php HTTP/1.0" 200 19767 "-" "-"

173.0.81.1 - - [30/Dec/2012:15:51:24 +0100] "POST /forums/vbdonate_gateway.php HTTP/1.0" 200 19767 "-" "-"

Ok so that is from the server's access logs so PP is actually trying to access your site, now can you check the sites error log.

OK that's weird, I am at a loss then, at least Fillip H. has a bit more info to go on now, so we will wait and see.

The problem is that you mandate all visitors to login before they can view any part of your forum.

I am looking into whether this requirement can be bypassed for the auto confirm script. Can you please tell me exactly what setting where you configured to disallow guests from even viewing forum home?

set in usergroup manager for group Unregistered / Not Logged In, in built VB system bypass's this always did only this time opted for vbdonate.

under Forum Viewing Permissions in that usergroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDonate

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
Mokonzi
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings