Status
Not open for further replies.

skol

Customer
Hi,

I installed today and think I have imported all my ibp games incorrectly.It has imported all old scores and the image folders and also created a temp folder.But unfortunatly it didn't pull any of the games..Am I too ulpoad the swf's to another folder,or have I just made a mess of it..

Code:
Warning: file_get_contents([path]/dbtech/vbarcade/media/Beijing2008Olympics_v32/Beijing2008Olympics_v32.swf) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/dbtech/vbarcade/systems/ipa.php on line 19

Thanks.

---------- Post added 30th March 2012 at 01:07 ---------- Previous post was 28th March 2012 at 10:57 ----------

Got too say,support is pathetic (no answer).The tutorial is pathetic and having to find the link to it on vborg is unbeliveable..Money paid guys..You should be more professional,seeing the price you are charging and the price I paid...

Darkwaltz4 will answer you as soon as he can. As for the answer to the question you asked in the shoutbox, here is the answer:

Q: What is the DBTech policy on support issues?

A: Support is provided on an as-available basis

Less formal answer:
Paying customers will always be looked at first when it comes to support. If we are unable to diagnose an issue via the forum, our support agents will visit your site to try to diagnose the issue there. They may require ACP and/or FTP access for this. If you fail to provide this then they may be unable to assist you further.

Each modification is supported primarily by the developer responsible for coding it, this means support times can vary between products, and if you have an issue that hasn't been resolved while others have, that's probably why.

Q: What are the normal support response times?

A: There are no guaranteed response times with regards to support

Less formal answer:
Support for mods is provided primarily by the coder of the modification, so the average response time varies from product to product. With that being said we do have internal guidelines about support and response times which our coders are expected to meet:

Major Bugs/Security Risks: Fixed within 24 hours. A major bug would be one which affects the ability of your forum to function, or stops the product from functioning.

Medium Level Bugs: Fixed within 7 days. A medium level bug would be Individual features not working or performing as they should.

Low level issues: Fixed within 60 days. A low level issue would be something aesthetic (a line being a few pixels out) or a feature having a small flaw in its operation (activity bars only count 99% instead of 100) or a non-integral feature not performing as it should (a backup feature having issues with certain server configurations)

We must reiterate that while paying customers get priority support you are not paying for support. Support will be offered for users of our free mods and Lite mods as well, but this is done as and when the agents have time. They do not follow the above response time guidelines.

Darkwaltz4 will answer you as soon as he can. As for the answer to the question you asked in the shoutbox, here is the answer:

Q: What is the DBTech policy on support issues?

A: Support is provided on an as-available basis

Less formal answer:
Paying customers will always be looked at first when it comes to support. If we are unable to diagnose an issue via the forum, our support agents will visit your site to try to diagnose the issue there. They may require ACP and/or FTP access for this. If you fail to provide this then they may be unable to assist you further.

Each modification is supported primarily by the developer responsible for coding it, this means support times can vary between products, and if you have an issue that hasn't been resolved while others have, that's probably why.

Q: What are the normal support response times?

A: There are no guaranteed response times with regards to support

Less formal answer:
Support for mods is provided primarily by the coder of the modification, so the average response time varies from product to product. With that being said we do have internal guidelines about support and response times which our coders are expected to meet:

Major Bugs/Security Risks: Fixed within 24 hours. A major bug would be one which affects the ability of your forum to function, or stops the product from functioning.

Medium Level Bugs: Fixed within 7 days. A medium level bug would be Individual features not working or performing as they should.

Low level issues: Fixed within 60 days. A low level issue would be something aesthetic (a line being a few pixels out) or a feature having a small flaw in its operation (activity bars only count 99% instead of 100) or a non-integral feature not performing as it should (a backup feature having issues with certain server configurations)

We must reiterate that while paying customers get priority support you are not paying for support. Support will be offered for users of our free mods and Lite mods as well, but this is done as and when the agents have time. They do not follow the above response time guidelines.

Before I read any further..Please elaborate..

our support agents will visit your site to try to diagnose the issue there

That means that once the developer has replied to your support thread and deemed that there appears to be an issue, but it cannot be diagnosed via forum posts, he will request the info mentioned in the next sentence :)

That means that once the developer has replied to your support thread and deemed that there appears to be an issue, but it cannot be diagnosed via forum posts, he will request the info mentioned in the next sentence :)

Thanks for the reply.I take it you have no control over when a developer can reply?That was the question? Nor can you send a support agent,as with this scenario.

So i'll ask you, were is the support?

I take it you have no control over when a developer can reply?
Unfortunately not, no. None of our developers, with the exception of myself, work at DBTech full-time. Every other developer has a separate full-time job, as well as family commitments.

As much as we'd like to, it is not financially feasible for us to pay our developers enough to make them quit their full-time jobs, especially not when the cheapest licence option we offer costs (on average) $30.

Nor can you send a support agent,as with this scenario.
It is sadly not feasible for us to hire support agents for the same reason - we currently do not have any volunteer support staff either.

So i'll ask you, were is the support?
Could you please point me to the section of the Terms & Conditions that you acknowledged you have read and understood in full that lead you to believe that support is guaranteed within a certain time period?

I just read through it again, and I'm unable to find a section in there that states we guarantee support within a certain amount of time. Feel free to correct me, though - English isn't my first language, so sometimes I don't pick up on certain things :)

Thank you for your honesty..That sometimes gets forgotten these days.And I applaud yourself and your teams commitment..If I can help in anyway just shout..But please don't post things like this>

The dev will answer you as soon as he can.

That means trouble..:cool:

Hi, sorry for the wait :D

Did you import from a prior installation of ibproarcade, or upload tar files? Were there errors shown during the import?

If the former, did you delete the /arcade/ folder from your site installed by ibproarcade?

Thanks DW,I did sort it out after a few hours...All I really need now and sorry for not making a new thread is what file do I point the url too on Mochi,so I can add one game at a time auto post from their site..And last it's a little buggy on IE are there any fixes for that.

Thanks...

Make sure you filled in your mochi publisher ID in your vbarcade settings, then visit the vBArcade portal on your site. That is the URL you use for mochi auto-posting (yoursite.com/arcade.php). When you are done autoposting, submit the bulk upload import method, and you get the list of games you were autoposting, for review and installation. Glad to hear someone is taking advantage of this functionality! :)

Can you describe how it is buggy in IE?

Excellent.Takes a little time but well worth the effort.As you know you can select high quality leader board games of your choice and create rather a niche mochi catagory.

The image is from IE8 and one member is reporting the same in IE9.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBArcade

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating