Status
Not open for further replies.

jellybelly

Customer
Hi i have added to the dbtech_vbshout_shoutbox template

vBShout{vb:var instance.instanceid}.show_rules = function()
{
window.location.href = 'http://www.shareme.org/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_chatbox_rules';

return false;
};

vBShout{vb:var instance.instanceid}.add_tab('rules_', 'Shoutbox Rules', false, 'show_rules()');

under

instance.instanceid}'] = vBShout{vb:var instance.instanceid}.smilies;

but since upgrading to version 5.22 i have had some members saying

I'm experiencing a problem when I try to get to the forum this morning. Each time I try to get to the "forums" page it defaults to:

Code:
http://www.shareme.org/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_chatbox_rules
Once there, there is no way out to ther pages - it keeps defaulting back to the Chat Box Rules. It only seems to happen when you try to use the Forum button or the ShareMe.org logo links. You seem to be able to get to other pages quite easily. Don't know if anyone else is experiencing this problem.

is this a bug? please

tia

@jellybelly: Fillip H.s internet is currently down at the moment due to maintenance from his ISP. He'll be able to look further into the issue once his net is back online :)

As for the issue itself, does it go away if you remove the custom code?

Hi thanks for letting me know i have removed the code and waiting to see if any members still experienece the same problem

Im unable to confirm this issue, can you ask the people who reported the problem what browser they are using?

I tested it in Firefox 3.6, Chrome 6, IE8.

Im unable to confirm this issue, can you ask the people who reported the problem what browser they are using?

I tested it in Firefox 3.6, Chrome 6, IE8.

Hi thanks i will check

---------- Post added 11th February 2012 at 19:11 ---------- Previous post was 23rd May 2010 at 19:11 ----------

Hello now that the modification has been updated please can you you show mw how to add the rules again because the template has changed thank you

---------- Post added at 19:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

Hello now that the modification has been updated please can you you show mw how to add the rules again because the template has changed thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.