• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Question New install of Gallery not showing the imported images in full versions page

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolimitreef

Customer
It's me again! lol ;)

Gallery appears to have installed fine. But (here it comes) I have a bunch of questions and a couple of issues. I might be missing turning off or on something as well but I am not sure what.

1) a: Not all existing images imported from the site or all albums and on some that did it shows a missing full size image or thumbnail plus several empty albums.
b: Upon sharing some images that DO show thumbnails and full size, when sharing on pinterest it says missing image yet works fine in G+ share....

2) In my vb profile page I uploaded about 15 images into a new "test album". They do not show in the gallery. Nor does the album.

3) I then made a post on my thread with an image attached, I also ticked to "Add image to gallery" It did not add to either album and could not find it anywhere. Am I missing something in settings or something?

4) I created several categories and then edited several pictures to reflect some of the categories. Upon opening any of those categories I just get random pictures and not the ones that belong in that category.

5) Once all this ^^ is corrected, I want to run a Photo contest as a separate instance where people upload one image to it each. Is there a way for me to put in a custom field maybe, a link to a poll thread?

OK, That's all I've come up with so far.

Thank you!

Last edited:
What importer are you attempting to run? There's a few issues with the Photopost importer that I am hoping to have resolved in the coming weeks, which may be the cause of the issues you're having.

What importer are you attempting to run? There's a few issues with the Photopost importer that I am hoping to have resolved in the coming weeks, which may be the cause of the issues you're having.

:RpS_sad: :RpS_sad: :RpS_sad:

How can I tell what importer it is? As you know, there is little documentation other than basic install and set up. The point in adding the plugins is to offer something better than standard vB mods to our members and to draw more interest in the site. Clunky plugins don't do that - it is the opposite effect :( We are about to have a huge member drive in 2 weeks, we can't have these mods running so-so.... Even thread ratings (lite) doesn't work correctly .... I spend 12-16 hours a day then to find out it isn't me (most of the time or it's is due to lack of information).... (there is no "smiley" for tired and disgusted)

What I used to import was Admin Cp/Gallery/Gallery Import (I believe). It popped up asking if I wanted to import. If you want to take a look the admin login is open for you that you have used before as well is ftp.

Thanks

Last edited:
On the "Gallery Import" screen, what do you see, and what did you click?

The name of the importer is written on that screen :)

On the "Gallery Import" screen, what do you see, and what did you click?

The name of the importer is written on that screen :)
There was no importer name. I ran it again to be sure I didn't miss it and still there was no name it just said it found 89 vB Albums and to click continue then choose where to put them and continue again. I looked everywhere on every screen (including the status bar) and it didn't show an importer.

Okay so you're importing from the vB Albums and not from PhotoPost, gotcha :)

Is this forum an upgrade from vB3?

If this was a fresh install of the gallery, you need to edit your gallery instance and save the permissions (no changes are needed), then run the importer again but make sure to remove the existing imported images via the option you're presented with. That should resolve the issues :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Gallery

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back